fall TA - Rome to FLL - adjustment to time changes

suec12

Love them! You get an extra hour to sleep in and by the time you reach FLL, at least for the eastern time passengers there is no jet lag when arriving home. Now eastbound TA’s are another story. We tried it once but didn’t like having to wake up an hour earlier every other day and then deal with a long flight home and several days of jet lag. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

as you gain an extra hour 6 times over the course of the trip you will probably find yourself naturally waking a little earlier every time, or waking at your normal hour with an extra bit of sleep. I love having those 25hr days, and the Westbound is definitely the preferred direction for many!

Realize time changes impact us differently, but an hr time change, plus or minus, is pretty minor. It’s not like you fly across and the time changes hit you at one time. You are at sea, there’s not reason not to sleep in a bit more if you are going Eastbound and losing an hr, and no reason not to sit out on the balcony, or enjoy some ship venue with the extra hr you gain going Westbound.

to me, not a big deal of going east or west; losing 6hrs going east over 5-6 at sea days means you lose less than 5% during the actual crossing. Not worth the concern. The only reason I think a Westbound is ‘better’ is, we do the killer flight at the initial part of the vacation and can add more days to enjoy Europe prior, then cruise back and have all those at sea days to relax. Obviously, you can do the same thing going Eastbound and stay a few days in Europe after the cruise, but I guess I’m still booked on the idea of the day before we pull into port at the end of a cruise, I start talking myself into ending the vacation.

Den