Anthem Bermuda and Boston April 2019-Cruise compasses

I did it last year. What do you want to know?

Can I chime in on the question. We are doing this one in April 2019 too and two days in Bermuda and one in Boston. How did you find anthem first night in Bermuda as far as activities or special things to do. We have been there on celebrity before but it was for three days. This one is only two. We are unsure of how to plan first night in Bermuda onboard for anthem like dinner etc. We were thinking beach most of day and then unsure how to plan dinner cause we know not much to do at dock but don’t know if anthem makes up for it on activities post 6pm. Thanks a bunch

My husband and I are also going in April 2019 on this itinerary. April 20, 2019. I’m also interested in finding out any info I can! We’ve been to Bermuda before but not in this ship. Last time I was in Bermuda on Royal Caribbean was in 1990 when I was 13, on my first cruise lol. Never cruised to Boston before.

I don't know about the Boston Bermuda schedule, but I was docked overnight in Bermuda on the Anthem out of Bayonne in early August. There are activities and entertainment on board, but it tends to be later, as RCCL (rightfully) thinks many folks are going to turn around once on the ship and head back out to Bermuda. IIRC, the main show was at 10 pm, for us it was an a cappella group, and they had the silent disco at 11.

My husband and I are also going in April 2019 on this itinerary. April 20, 2019. I’m also interested in finding out any info I can! We’ve been to Bermuda before but not in this ship. Last time I was in Bermuda on Royal Caribbean was in 1990 when I was 13, on my first cruise lol. Never cruised to Boston before.

Glad to see we are sailing away together. Our roll call is very quiet. We did Boston in last trip in 2017 and I have to say we had a blast. So many options for what you want to do as far historic areas or just walking around. However time will only tell for April weather. We did it in July.

• 5 weeks later...
How does everyone think the weather will be? From what I’ve read, it may be a bit too cold for water sports (jet skiing), which we are hoping to do there again, it was a blast last time.

Locals have told us they don't use the beaches until July.

We're on this too bc it's Spring Break week, but really wish it was the Port Canaveral, Nassau, Coco Key stop for weather....

Same for us, and I originally assumed it would be that itinerary. I didn’t realize they would do Bermuda before May. Either way, I’m sure it will be a wonderful cruise! I’ve heard Anthem is terrific and I’m just looking forward to the ship.

• 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, gonecruising said:

Where does the Anthem Dock in Boston and is it within walking distance of any sights.  WIll I need taxi to get anywhere like Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market?  I am taking two small children with me so didn't want to have to bring car seats

The ship docks at Black Falcon terminal. There is nothing within walking distance except Harpoon Brewery.  You will need a taxi, Uber, or take the shuttle bus. I believe the shuttle is $20 - $25 per person. Not sure if children are less.

1 hour ago, gonecruising said:

Where does the Anthem Dock in Boston and is it within walking distance of any sights.  WIll I need taxi to get anywhere like Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market?  I am taking two small children with me so didn't want to have to bring car seats

The Seaport area has had major development and is still under development.   There are plenty of sights and restaurants five minutes away.  I wish a Royal Caribbean ship had its home port in Boston.