Last minute cruise and shareholder benefit

Heather1972

So I know the fine print says to send the shareholder benefit documents in 15 days before your cruise. What about us who book a week out? I booked Friday and sent in my documents on Friday. I emailed them again Tuesday double checking the benefit. I just realized I did not scan the right document, so I sent that in. I have had no emails from shareholder benefits department saying I sent the wrong thing or denying me. Customer service through NCL seems clueless. I explained the issue to him and he replied, "What do you want to do today? Pay off your cruise?" He must not have heard a word I said since the cruise is paid in full and leaves in 2 days.

I did see one post that someone else mentioned that they had no problems getting their shareholder benefit for a last minute cruise. Anyone else care to share how things worked out for them booking a week or less in regards to their shareholder benefit being posted to their reservation?

Eventually got it straightened out, but now I'm really confused on how much a SOLO person in a cabin for two is supposed to get on a 1 week cruise. When I sailed last November by myself in an inside cabin, they only gave me $50 OBC. I don't remember who told me, but the reasoning was because I was 1 person in a cabin for two, I only get half the normal OBC of $100. :-/ So, this time I got $100 OBC, again sailing solo in an inside cabin on the Dawn. So, confusing!

Eventually got it straightened out, but now I'm really confused on how much a SOLO person in a cabin for two is supposed to get on a 1 week cruise. When I sailed last November by myself in an inside cabin, they only gave me $50 OBC. I don't remember who told me, but the reasoning was because I was 1 person in a cabin for two, I only get half the normal OBC of $100. :-/ So, this time I got $100 OBC, again sailing solo in an inside cabin on the Dawn. So, confusing!

I'm in the same position as you. I don't think there is any language about solo getting 50%. You own a hundred shares min you get $100 OBC!

:)

See below...it is DAYS not cabin size

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD

IS THRILLED TO OFFEROUR SHAREHOLDERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less

:)

See below...it is DAYS not cabin size

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD

IS THRILLED TO OFFEROUR SHAREHOLDERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less

It should be 100$ per 7 days. IMHO

The T&C's say:

"Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value."

If you have paid the full cabin rate you should get the full credit value.

If somehow your cabin was discounted and you did not pay the cabin rate of two people (200% in T&C's) then you would not get the full value, presumably only 50%?

On the T & C for the shareholder benefit there is fine print that solo travelers will only get the full benefit if paying 200% of posted cruise price. If you are in a studio or getting a last minute deal you may only get half. My interpretation only. Debbie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

So I know the fine print says to send the shareholder benefit documents in 15 days before your cruise. What about us who book a week out? I booked Friday and sent in my documents on Friday. I emailed them again Tuesday double checking the benefit. I just realized I did not scan the right document, so I sent that in. I have had no emails from shareholder benefits department saying I sent the wrong thing or denying me. Customer service through NCL seems clueless. I explained the issue to him and he replied, "What do you want to do today? Pay off your cruise?" He must not have heard a word I said since the cruise is paid in full and leaves in 2 days.

I did see one post that someone else mentioned that they had no problems getting their shareholder benefit for a last minute cruise. Anyone else care to share how things worked out for them booking a week or less in regards to their shareholder benefit being posted to their reservation?

If you emailed your application form and brokerage statement, they usually respond within 24 hours. Call if they don’t. Has to be valid, current brokerage statement.

If you emailed your application form and brokerage statement, they usually respond within 24 hours. Call if they don’t. Has to be valid, current brokerage statement.

I just emailed them a screen capture of my stock holdings and they applied the credit for both my upcoming cruises.