EPIC Haven subdeck ?

5280mom

Just reading that the BA class ships have made the Haven sundeck a kid-free area... We are on the EPIC Christmas week with a 16 year old. Has this age limit been set on the EPIC yet?

The Posh Club (Haven sundeck and “Vibe” on the Epic) has always been adults only. Sneak your 16 year old in. Unless they are being disruptive, no one will care.

The Posh Club (Haven sundeck and “Vibe” on the Epic) has always been adults only. Sneak your 16 year old in. Unless they are being disruptive, no one will care.

That is very true. No one checks the elevator who comes and goes. The only kids I saw kicked out were the ones running all over the Posh deck.

The Haven has the courtyard which is open to all ages. Fortunately this is where the families with the young kids go.

The Epic has Posh which is an amazing sundeck/bar area for 18 and over. I completely disagree with above though and I think you will have trouble getting a 16 year old access. The bartenders absolutely know the ages of everybody up there and they kicked my 15 and 16 year old dd's out once when they were quietly sunbathing on the upper deck of Posh, not even anywhere near the bar. They absolutely do care.

As soon as they let a 16 year old in against the rules, then the next people come along with a 13 year old. The next people come along with a "very well behaved 11 year old". It's up to the bartenders up there to enforce it. I get it.

They absolutely do care.

Just reading that the BA class ships have made the Haven sundeck a kid-free area... We are on the EPIC Christmas week with a 16 year old. Has this age limit been set on the EPIC yet?

The reports are that 16 year olds are allowed on the sundeck, so you should be OK.

Posh is different than the sun deck though. Posh is more like a Haven Vibe. They were pretty clear on the first day that it was 18 and over. On the tour, the butler said to one family “and this is the first and last time your kids will see Posh”. But I do think it is open to all ages for sail away

I know you are usually very accurate but let me assure you a certain HD does care - And he is not subtle either.

The Haven has the courtyard which is open to all ages. Fortunately this is where the families with the young kids go.

The Epic has Posh which is an amazing sundeck/bar area for 18 and over. I completely disagree with above though and I think you will have trouble getting a 16 year old access. The bartenders absolutely know the ages of everybody up there and they kicked my 15 and 16 year old dd's out once when they were quietly sunbathing on the upper deck of Posh, not even anywhere near the bar. They absolutely do care.

As soon as they let a 16 year old in against the rules, then the next people come along with a 13 year old. The next people come along with a "very well behaved 11 year old". It's up to the bartenders up there to enforce it. I get it.

They absolutely do care.

AGREED Our daughter was 16 and asleep and we were asked to leave.