Mensa Quizzes

gnomie1

While cruising I really miss watching Jeopardy (for those readers outside the US/Canada, Jeopardy is a television quiz show) so I use to work on the daily quizzes which are no more.

I am curious about the Mensa quizzes - do you have to be present for the answers or do you just put your answers in the box in the library - my concern, if you have to be there, it might interfere with nap time!

gnomie :)

While cruising I really miss watching Jeopardy (for those readers outside the US/Canada, Jeopardy is a television quiz show) so I use to work on the daily quizzes which are no more.

I am curious about the Mensa quizzes - do you have to be present for the answers or do you just put your answers in the box in the library - my concern, if you have to be there, it might interfere with nap time!:)

At least on the Navigator a few months ago, you had to be present to grade your quiz paper when the answers were given just before trivia. Olivia was handling it then. Rules may have changed. If you scored high enough, you got some prize points or whatever they are called.

No more morning quizzes printed? That's a shame, I liked that. Of course, I'd rather it be a word jumble, but anything like that is good!

Not quite sure how you came to this conclusion. In May, on Mariner, there were daily printed quizzes available in the library and, maybe, the front desk? The answers to the previous day's quizzes were on the current day's quiz. The printed Mensa quizzes, if you wanted to play for points, required that you be present just before trivia where they were self-graded and prizes claimed. You could certainly just enjoy the puzzles on your own and see how you did the next day.

Not quite sure how you came to this conclusion. In May, on Mariner, there were daily printed quizzes available in the library and, maybe, the front desk? The answers to the previous day's quizzes were on the current day's quiz. The printed Mensa quizzes, if you wanted to play for points, required that you be present just before trivia where they were self-graded and prizes claimed. You could certainly just enjoy the puzzles on your own and see how you did the next day.

Because Gnomie said they were "no more". Perhaps something else was meant.

The daily quizzes had gone by the time of our cruise on the Explorer in May this year. Just the Mensa questions, but to get points you had to get the answers from the daily trivia. We did not do this as it usually is in the way of excursions etc and is too much of a bind to schedule every day. We then missed out on the answers to the ones we had done. Equally getting the sheets was more of a bind as used to get each morning as got the 2 cappuccino 's to get us going, but on Explorer the cafe and card room are way apart, so missed out. Can't remember are yesterdays answers printed the next day?

We avoid tea, we find as part of our fitness routine ( joke ) we just don't need it if we're going to enjoy dinner fully.

Because Gnomie said they were "no more". Perhaps something else was meant.

As we all know, sometimes posters misremember or maybe they were out of question sheets one day. Perhaps someone that is on a ship currently could respond. It would be quite odd if they no longer have them.

True story. You can take a sample Mensa quiz on line. I took it one time, and didn't qualify. So, I had my DH take it. He didn't qualify, either. Then, I got the brilliant idea of taking it together. I would conduct an exercise of left and right brain working together.

First, it was really interesting to see each of bring our best mental attributes forward and display them. Second, my DH impressed me. Third, as a team, we qualified. Two brains are better than one, if you can work in tandem.