Back from a week on the Volendam to Alaska.

Dancing Shoes

Other HAL ships do a one-way Vancouver to Seward, where you can board a train to Anchorage to fly home, or rent a car to self-drive. Or do it in the other order! The ships doing that route the rest of 2018 and in 2019 are the Noordam and the Westerdam. Their size is a little bit bigger than the Volendam, but still considered small to medium in today's cruising world.

If you particularly like the Volendam for size and layout, her sister ships are the Amsterdam, the Rotterdam, and the Zaandam (only some of these have the Lanai cabins on the Lower Promenade deck, and some of the public areas are getting updated gradually across the fleet, but my family members who did the 7-day Vancouver R/T in 2016, felt right at home on the Zaandam this month). The Zaandam will finish out this year doing the 14-day Great Alaskan Explorer, and the Amsterdam will be doing that itinerary in 2019.

Thanks. I think I would like another "R" class ship. Plan to do a review real soon.

Real quick what I liked: Food, staff, lack of crowds, fresh flowers and those darn towel animals. Hubby and I really enjoyed our trip and the ship.

Saw the NCL Bliss docked next to us in Ketchikan, wow. Insane, not for me. Sorry.....

Thanks. I think I would like another "R" class ship. Plan to do a review real soon.

Real quick what I liked: Food, staff, lack of crowds, fresh flowers and those darn towel animals. Hubby and I really enjoyed our trip and the ship.

Saw the NCL Bliss docked next to us in Ketchikan, wow. Insane, not for me. Sorry.....

No rush, but I would love to read your review! We enjoy the R class ships and find them very comfortable.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!