Question about Freeport and Nassau Bahama Ports with the Pride

Gari

Good Morning All,

I have a very question I have been to the Bahama's before but it has been a while. I am going to be on the Pride in February and wondering about the ports of call. I seem to recall that one of these ports Freeport or Nassau the ship docked near a nice seaport area with things to do if you just walked off the ship and the other port was located in a rather industrial area with nothing around to speak of. Can anyone tell me what to expect at each of these

I appreciate the help

Best to go to port of call for info

In Nassau you can get off the ship and go walk around to shops and straw markets.

Freeport ship docks in shipyard and last time we were there you need taxi to get to anything worth seeing. Will say that if we ever go back to Freeport would expect to stay on the ship as we were not impressed.

For anyone that has not been to Freeport for many years, They spent a lot of $$$ to make it a Welcoming port. First time there I thought it was a dump. Last time we were there I thought it was much better then Nassau. I like the new Freeport.

we did the pride in june. hubby and I knew there was not much to do in Freeport and decided to stay on the ship. plus we were only in port for maybe 4 hours?

now HMC- was worth its weight in gold

Grand Turk was awesome too.

hope that helps

Good Morning All,

I have a very question I have been to the Bahama's before but it has been a while. I am going to be on the Pride in February and wondering about the ports of call. I seem to recall that one of these ports Freeport or Nassau the ship docked near a nice seaport area with things to do if you just walked off the ship and the other port was located in a rather industrial area with nothing around to speak of. Can anyone tell me what to expect at each of these

I appreciate the help

Nassau is the major tourism port and Atlantis resort is on the same island (not walking distance though). There is a lot to do in walking distance, various DIY options, and many organized excursions (through the ship or private).

Freeport is very industrial, and it seems like when the Pride visits she is docked for a fairly short time. We did the Kayak excursion through Carnival and it was wonderful. Comfortable van ride with commentary about the island, fun kayaking and short nature trail, basic but tasty lunch on gorgeous Gold Rock beach with time to enjoy the beach. When we return in a few weeks we will just shop in the immediate port area then return to the ship. If we go again, we will likely book a private excursion or hire a taxi.

There is good information on both ports at the port of call board. Including recommendations for things to do in Freeport if you want to explore the island - which does have a lot to offer despite the negative reputation.

If you are stopping at Princess Cay I strongly advise water shoes - there are lots of rocks/uneven footing. I've heard there's awesome snorkeling from the beach there too.

For anyone that has not been to Freeport for many years, They spent a lot of $$$ to make it a Welcoming port. First time there I thought it was a dump. Last time we were there I thought it was much better then Nassau. I like the new Freeport.

I was there on the Pride in December. It is much nicer then when we were there about 8 years ago. However, unless you want to hang out at Senor Frogs you still need to get away from the port. Some research is required depending on what you like to do. We did a relaxing trip to the Garden of the Groves.