GOTHENBURG ~ $$ Cost of NCL Shuttle From the Commercial Port into the City Center?

JoanieBlon

We will be calling at the Port of Gothenburg on Norwegian Breakaway (changed from AMSTERDAM :loudcry:) on our upcoming Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to NYC in October 2018.

Can anyone tell me what the recent cost was for using the shuttle into the city center from the Commercial Port (Skandiahamnen), where we are scheduled to dock? I called the NCL Shore Excursion Department and the person I spoke with was clueless.

Gothenburg is quite a rare port for NCL to visit. From memory it is just on a couple of itineraries this year.

You are much more likely to get this info if you post the question on the Northern Europe ports of call section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gothenburg is quite a rare port for NCL to visit. From memory it is just on a couple of itineraries this year.

You are much more likely to get this info if you post the question on the Northern Europe ports of call section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I posted here, because different cruise lines may provide a free shuttle or have a different charge than NCL.

We went recently but with TUI and the shuttle was free and was provided by the port authorities. Recommend going to the Volvo museum which is right where the cruises ships dock, 10 euros entrance but well worth it if interested in all types if vehicles.
We stopped at Gothenberg last year on an Oceania Cruise, the shuttle was free. It is a very long way away from downtown. It won't be cheap ! My Sister missed the last shuttle at 4 and had a difficult time getting back to the ship in time for the ship leaving at 6. If the ship hadn't been able to get a hold of her cab company, she would have missed the ship. She was 4 or 5 minutes late, lucky they waited for her. Make sure you don't miss the last shuttle !! Their main museum at the top of their main Boulevard was great !!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

It's not the most exciting city. I would recommend you consider staying on the ship but coming off of a TA that won't make sense. If you have never been to Norway you can get to see some fjords from Gothenburg which would be interesting.

It's not the most exciting city. I would recommend you consider staying on the ship but coming off of a TA that won't make sense. If you have never been to Norway you can get to see some fjords from Gothenburg which would be interesting.
We are westbound from Copenhagen. Gothenburg was substituted for Amsterdam, due to traffic in that port. We plan on mainly strolling around Haga and having some local fish soup, but may stay on the ship if the weather is terrible.

We had Gothenburg as a scheduled port stop on the Getaway last June . NCL provided free transportation into town. We all did a canal boat tour that was very enjoyable. I found it to be a charming small town, very much worth my time.
THANK YOU for the info! :D

We will be calling at the Port of Gothenburg on Norwegian Breakaway (changed from AMSTERDAM :loudcry:) on our upcoming Transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to NYC in October 2018.

Can anyone tell me what the recent cost was for using the shuttle into the city center from the Commercial Port (Skandiahamnen), where we are scheduled to dock? I called the NCL Shore Excursion Department and the person I spoke with was clueless.

Gothenburg will be one of our stops on our coming cruise in October, We were told there would be no shuttle ( free shuttle) so we opted to take a 4 hour excursion. We used our onboard credit so it was no big issue for us. I guess we will see once we get there.