Conquest MDR Dining for Group of 50

I am cruising with 50 people for our wedding in November. The dining is all linked for our group.

Does anyone know what the table sizes are on Conquest?

Trying to figure out if I should link specific cabins together for table seating?

I would guess the table sizes are pretty much the same on every ship, anywhere from a table for two up to a table for ten. It certainly couldn't hurt to link your cabins together. Hopefully, everyone in your group has chosen the same fixed dining time, either Early Dining or Late Dining There is no reserved seating for YTD. I would also suggest you go and talk to the Maitre D on Embarkation Day and see what he can do to get your group seated together in the same area. However, I wouldn't count too heavily on having your group of 50 all seated at adjacent tables.

Make sure everyone have the same dinning time, link all the booking together Also contact ship maitre'd ask to help with sitting arrangements. I had been told the biggest table is 12, for a big group I find that contact the ship Maîtred is very helpful, explain that your family is celebrating, and would like to sit together, not other people, they may feel comfortable, and left out.( That's what I did for my group, and we got very nice window area). When you board the ship, go to dinning room and confirm it, if the staff is confusing, ask to see the table, (some host doesn't know how many people can sit at that table), bring all the room number along, they view it by room number. Your last step is make sure they will be there for dinner, so other people with same table didn't have to wait,

If you have fixed time dining - what I would do is the first night I'd let the group know which tables "belong" to your group and let them sit at whichever they choose. That way they can enjoy visiting with others than just the 8 or 10 people at an assigned table. You and your new spouse would have a chance to dine with every "guest" a time or 2.

I once cruised with a group of 40 on the Victory, all family. We had all of our rooms linked, so we were all seated at 4 of the long rectangular tables on one side of the dining room. The seating arrangements were great. It wasn't the best experience over all though. And all these years later I still can't put my finger on why it was so bad on that ship, I'm talking like they were 3 hours long dinners before we were all done and served (we had the late dining), I don't know if it was the crew or our group size! Hopefully your experience is better! There were a couple nights we skipped it because I just didn't want to sit there that long, and I hated skipping it because I love going to the dining room for dinner!

• 11 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 10:24 PM, summersigh said:

If you have fixed time dining - what I would do is the first night I'd let the group know which tables "belong" to your group and let them sit at whichever they choose. That way they can enjoy visiting with others than just the 8 or 10 people at an assigned table. You and your new spouse would have a chance to dine with every "guest" a time or 2.

We have a group of 40 or so for a wedding and  although the couple has late seating (with their 6 children) some guests have chosen YTD feeling we would all be at random location assigned tables at late seating. The groom has expressed thoughts that we may not all see each other all week if at different dinner times. My questions (I am not the planner but we have a TA) : If the cabins are linked I assume we will at least be seated with someone in our group but will the tables all be together? Might we be on different sides of the dining room anyway? If we are together, is it acceptable to change around to different tables each night as long as we only use our group tables? Could we end up with different waitstaff and how would they view that.

Checking when we embark with all the cabin numbers probably will not happen as that is when the wedding takes place. On the Legend if that matters.

We have only been on one group cruise and for that one, we were all at tables side by side.  

Your S&S cards will have what table you are assigned.  Rather than standing in line waiting to talk with the Maitre'd, I would check with the other people in your party to see what their table assignments are.  Then look for the tables to see if they are grouped together.  It may be a lot quicker than waiting to see the Maitre'd.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:34 PM, escentialssoycandles said:

I am cruising with 50 people for our wedding in November. The dining is all linked for our group.

Does anyone know what the table sizes are on Conquest?

Trying to figure out if I should link specific cabins together for table seating?

There are at least four round 10 or 11 tops in the middle deck 3 MDR as well as some smaller tables all around these four, but I do not think that the Maitre'd would seat it that way without some nudging from someone higher up. Maybe you should ask John Heard to give you a hand. He has always assisted us in getting specific seating requirements fulfilled.