Pre-Booking Dinner Reservations and Excursions

chunkster20uk

We are going on our second P&O cruise on Azura in November and because on our last cruise didn't pre-book anything have been a bit shocked that want to charge up front for any reservations?

I cannot remember having to do this on other cruise lines I have been on, has this always been the case with P&O?

We are going on our second P&O cruise on Azura in November and because on our last cruise didn't pre-book anything have been a bit shocked that want to charge up front for any reservations?

I cannot remember having to do this on other cruise lines I have been on, has this always been the case with P&O?

It's certainly been the case for a few years. The same has applied to cruises we've done on Cunard, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity.

We've paid for our pre-booked tours for a number of years now but not for restaurants. We've booked The Beach House for our upcoming cruise and definitely not paid for that

Is it just some ships you can pre book The Beach House on, we've never used it but it's not bookable on Ventura via cruise personaliser?

We have had to pre pay when we have pre booked Sindhu, Epicurean, and Ocean Grill.

Excursions are invariably more expensive on board (if there are places available, of course) - you will save much more booking early than any possible interest you might have made by keeping the payment in your pocket till embarkation.

The cancellation policy is generous. I don’t remember the details but you’ll find the answer on the P&O site. Possibly full refund if cancelled over 24 hours prior?? Someone will probably know and post

Excursions are invariably more expensive on board (if there are places available, of course) - you will save much more booking early than any possible interest you might have made by keeping the payment in your pocket till embarkation.

The cancellation policy is generous. I don’t remember the details but you’ll find the answer on the P&O site. Possibly full refund if cancelled over 24 hours prior?? Someone will probably know and post

Useful to know thank you.

Beach House would be hard to charge up front as prices vary depending on what you order. However Sindhu and Epicurean are set price meals but would not book these ahead of the cruise as always get good deals booking on board. This has been mentioned like free carafe of wine or cheaper meal etc and they are never fully booked. Excursions we always book ahead as you get the discount whereas you do not on board unless you have used all your OBC.

I always book dining beforehand for Sindhu and Epicurean, it just helps with budgeting and offers do not apply to solo diners, well never seen any discounts. Glasshouse and Beach House are chargeable by what you order so not able to do those.

Here’s the excursion cancellation rules. Bit complicated but more than 24 hours. Perhaps that’s for restaurants but I can’t find that at the mo

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/on-shore/canx_shorex?_ga=2.118025100.462055294.1535815143-2067075532.1527959390&_gac=1.172759953.1535815143.CKX1sda28dACFcK87QodBRsD1Q

We used to be able to reserve excursions on Princess and pay on board with OBC, but they also now charge when you reserve them. At least on P&O we get the discount which is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes but if you have OBC and you book in advance on Princess they take the cost of excursions out of OBC you dont have to pay cash. We pre booked 2 excursions in advance and didnt have to pay cash on our cruise in May and when we got onboard tickets were in stateroom and money was taken off out account.

I always book dining beforehand for Sindhu and Epicurean, it just helps with budgeting and offers do not apply to solo diners, well never seen any discounts. Glasshouse and Beach House are chargeable by what you order so not able to do those.

Good point about budgeting, we book and pay one a month to spread the cost, we call it our payday treat.

Is it just some ships you can pre book The Beach House on, we've never used it but it's not bookable on Ventura via cruise personaliser?

We have had to pre pay when we have pre booked Sindhu, Epicurean, and Ocean Grill.

Yes the Beach House on the 3 larger ships you can’t pre-book.

Some of the smaller ships have a Beach House and it’s bookable in advance. The original concept was part of the buffet turned into the Beach house in the evening. If was free too then!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums