Cocktail party perk for our group?

Son_of_a_Sailor91

This December we will be sailing on Oasis Of The Seas with a group of about 45. Our travel agent has been working on setting up a private cocktail party for our group, with the captain. Has anyone had this perk before? What should we expect? How much is included? Where is it held? How much time do you have?

Thanks!

Completely depends on what and how your TA sets it up and the value ($$) of this private event.

Probably only 1 hour and don't expect the Captain to be there. CD maybe. Other folks from the Entertainment staff,, most likely.

Here's the only reference info I could find but it seems like a perk they offer for booking so many staterooms....

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10021360_GAP_Amenity_2011.pdf

My sister is the group leader and was given the option of cocktail party or wine and cheese tray for each room. But we don't really know much more than that. Was hoping someone else has had this experience before and what it was like.

from your PDF file

Cocktail Party Group guests will enjoy a one hour cocktail party with an open bar and an option to add hot and cold canapés. 50 sailed staterooms are required for 2-5 night sailings and 25 sailed staterooms are required for sailings of 6 nights or longer. GAP cocktail parties are not available on boarding day and are limited to one per group.

Here's the only reference info I could find but it seems like a perk they offer for booking so many staterooms....

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10021360_GAP_Amenity_2011.pdf

My sister is the group leader and was given the option of cocktail party or wine and cheese tray for each room. But we don't really know much more than that. Was hoping someone else has had this experience before and what it was like.

Nowhere in this offering does it say it also includes the Captain, which to me makes it very unlikely that he normally would attend. And as I said before, if your TA somehow has arranged that he will, I would not expect him to do anything but make a brief appearance to say hello. But again, based on the above info, I doubt he will be there.