Buying beer and food on St. John.

TTEllis

Here's the deal, on Nov. 28th we are going to be porting in STT along with 6 other ship or at least 5 monster-ships.:o

I'm getting off the ship grabbing a taxi, heading straight to Redhook, and catching the ferry over to St. John.

I e-mailed the US Parks Service at Trunk Bay they told me everything was open except for the snack bar and restaurant, if I came to Trunk Bay they "highly recommend" bringing my own food and drink.

Is there some type of a store in or around Cruz Bay where I can buy a couple bags of ice, a case of beer, pick up a sandwich or two, and maybe a styrofoam cooler??

Between passengers and crew there will be 50,000 people in or around Charlotte Amalie(nightmare), St. John and Trunk Bay will be very quiet, except for me!!:cool: Thanks for any help Todd

Here's the deal, on Nov. 28th we are going to be porting in STT along with 6 other ship or at least 5 monster-ships.:o

I'm getting off the ship grabbing a taxi, heading straight to Redhook, and catching the ferry over to St. John.

I e-mailed the US Parks Service at Trunk Bay they told me everything was open except for the snack bar and restaurant, if I came to Trunk Bay they "highly recommend" bringing my own food and drink.

Is there some type of a store in or around Cruz Bay where I can buy a couple bags of ice, a case of beer, pick up a sandwich or two, and maybe a styrofoam cooler??

Between passengers and crew there will be 50,000 people in or around Charlotte Amalie(nightmare), St. John and Trunk Bay will be very quiet, except for me!!:cool: Thanks for any help Todd

Contact the Dolphin Supermarket on St John, not far from pier, as they may be able to make up your order for collection.

Contact the Dolphin Supermarket on St John, not far from pier, as they may be able to make up your order for collection.

Hey Thanks!! That's great I can do that. Have any other idea's on what's the best way to get a case of beer to Trunk Bay and keep it cold for the day please let me know I certainly do appreciate it. I'm almost positive I've seen that place before, thank you very much for your help Todd

Hey Thanks!! That's great I can do that. Have any other idea's on what's the best way to get a case of beer to Trunk Bay and keep it cold for the day please let me know I certainly do appreciate it. I'm almost positive I've seen that place before, thank you very much for your help Todd

https://st-john-gourmet-market.myshopify.com./search?q=Ice&submit=

https://st-john-gourmet-market.myshopify.com./collections/beers

And they sell bags of ice

Order everything and collect on arrival

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Beer link

That's HUGE!!, Thanks!!

Boy wouldn't you like to own your own little market on St. John selling beer and wine and ice and munchie's, I would end up being my own best customer!!!:D:D:DThanks Todd

This is great info, they have everything, $6.95 for a styrofoam cooler on St. John that's a deal!! I hope nobody else reads it;p:D and everybody decides to do the same thing.

So let me get this right I can do taxi, ferry, taxi to and from Trunk Bay for around $50, beer and styrofoam cooler another $50. Whole day $100-ish?? Thats tough to beat especially with 5-6 ships in port and STT will be a zoo, I cant stay there.

I wonder if when the snack bar and restaurant open at Trunk if we can still bring our own beer?? This is the only way to go from now on!! Thanks Todd

Yes, you can still bring your own food and drink when the snack bar reopens.

You may want to buy a collapsible cooler before your cruise so you can travel with it. It will come in handy. Easy to find them online. Great for road trips, too.

This is in the interest of having you prepared for your experience.

Don't expect to be on an uncrowded beach. The ships now all offer excursions to Trunk Bay, Expect waves but not water waves, rather waves of boats bringing ship visitors over to Trunk It is the place where they direct all the tourists,

If you read the St. John travel forum on TripAdvisor you will see posts of visitors staying on St. John that will not go to Trunk on days when ships are in in St. Thomas due to the crowds.

It is still a nice beach, not the best in St. John, but be prepared to share with other cruisers, lots of other cruisers.

Yes, you can still bring your own food and drink when the snack bar reopens.

You may want to buy a collapsible cooler before your cruise so you can travel with it. It will come in handy. Easy to find them online. Great for road trips, too.

Could never tell you how many times I've paid $3.95 for a can of Hieneken at the old snack bar at Trunk Bay. I like walking down the beach a bit and away from everything, walking back to buy a beer every 10 minutes:D:rolleyes: gets tiring.

Cooler only way to go, plus I have a friend going with me she doesn't know it but she's helping me carry the cooler!!:p Thanks for your help Todd

Could never tell you how many times I've paid $3.95 for a can of Hieneken at the old snack bar at Trunk Bay. I like walking down the beach a bit and away from everything, walking back to buy a beer every 10 minutes:D:rolleyes: gets tiring.

Cooler only way to go, plus I have a friend going with me she doesn't know it but she's helping me carry the cooler!!:p Thanks for your help Todd

Hope I'm not too late to comment on this. Maybe look into a backpack cooler. We cruise a lot and like to buy our own drinks and take them with us. We have a bartender fill them with ice before we get off the ship on port days. Then we just walk to the store, but our drinks/snack, drop em into the backpack and off we go. I got mine on Amazon for around $25. Has pockets on both sides for stuff like water bottles and also has a large pocket and elastic bungee on the front for holding other stuff.

Cheers!

-DK