Spirits sold pre-cruise on website

Barbara60

There are two sets of prices during the cruise.

First is for delivery to your cabin when ordered. This is for consumption during the cruise. It is generally the same price as bottles pre-ordered.

Second is the duty free bottles that are delivered to your cabin the last day. These are normally for bringing home after the cruise.

It is the same. We always pre-purchase a few bottles prior to our cruise and supplement once on board if necessary. We bring on our own mixers - it just makes having cocktails on our balcony so much easier.

They don't offer our normal spirits of choice but for the short time we are on the cruise, we survive! :D

Have not cruised Princess since 2010, can we bring soda and bottled water on board? Never done it before (usually have the beverage pkg as a perk-but not this time). How does it work?

Yes, you can bring soft drinks and water on board with you. We bought a cheap roller duffel bag and just put bottled 12 oz sodas (Steve likes diet coke), tonic water (I like my vodka and tonics and G&T's) and spring water in it and drop it off with the rest of our luggage with the porters. We prefer the bottles to cans simply because we can put the cap back on and save for later. We've never had any issues.

Soda and water are fine. It's best if you carry them on. If they are in checked luggage it will likely be held and you will need to go open it up for them to show it's not liquor, wine, or beer. If you have a lot of soda - many 12 packs or something, just duct tape them together and put a luggage tag on the bundle. It should be delivered to your cabin with the rest of your luggage.

Soda and water are fine. It's best if you carry them on. If they are in checked luggage it will likely be held and you will need to go open it up for them to show it's not liquor, wine, or beer. If you have a lot of soda - many 12 packs or something, just duct tape them together and put a luggage tag on the bundle. It should be delivered to your cabin with the rest of your luggage.

Have you actually had that happen to you? That they held your checked luggage because you put soft drinks in it? The last three cruises we took we put them in the duffle bag after an unfortunate experience just putting a tag on some bottled water. That's actually why we went to the duffle bag solution. We've never had any problems and the bag has always been delivered with the rest of our luggage but maybe because all we put in it are the soft drinks and water and we don't lock it.

However, we never tried the duct tape and bundling everything together - we may try that in February.

No. I've never tried to put soda in checked luggage. Since Princess doesn't allow beer to be brought on it's safe to assume they will check. Sounds like you have been lucky but, then again, you didn't lock your luggage so they "may" have just checked it out. I don't think they are "supposed" to open your luggage without you being present though. I used to take my Diet Mountain Dew aboard but don't bother anymore. My wife sometimes takes her flavored bubbly water aboard but takes it in carry on.

So where on the Princess website does it tell you that you can bring soda and water on board? Where does it tell you what you can and can't bring on board in general? I'm finding it very difficult to navigate the Princess site. Took 2 hours to do checkin as it kept saying "incomplete" even though I was entering everything! Frustrating!

So where on the Princess website does it tell you that you can bring soda and water on board? Where does it tell you what you can and can't bring on board in general? I'm finding it very difficult to navigate the Princess site. Took 2 hours to do checkin as it kept saying "incomplete" even though I was entering everything! Frustrating!

Not sure where it’s written that we can bring soda & water but based on numerous personal experiences & those of other passengers that’s allowed. The previous post about unopened water bottles being confiscated must be the result of an misinformed security checker who was following the Carnival rules which bans them.

If you prefer to not carry on water Princess now has a bottled water package to pre-purchase through your Cruise Personalizer.

Bottled Water Package

Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Cruise Personalizer. Package is not currently offered on Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

Item #0526$6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

I don’t know why you had the check in problem but sometimes that’s a result of not having everything necessary or it’s too early.

Boarding Pass

• The booking has been paid in full
  • The required immigration information has been added to the booking
  • A credit card has been registered for onboard use

Hopefully the rest of your experience goes smoothly.

Edited by Astro Flyer