Does the Prinsendam Neptune Lounge have a deck or window??

Mosaic

There is indeed a balcony - a good sized one and it is next to the Captain's bridge wings on the port side.

SA rooms are identical pretty much in size from what I have seen.

If you look at the deck plans, you will see the balconies are larger (and the room slightly smaller) on one deck compared to the other.

The rooms are very well laid out and very comfortable :)

The port side Sports deck has a lovely huge hallway as well (SB cabins).

We found the Prinsendam NL was the least appealing of all NL layouts, by far the worst offerings for some weird reason on that cruise, and felt cramped and not very welcoming for more than a few people at the same time. Yes, it had a balcony and assume it was a converted cabin for this new purpose. Didn't work for us, but then we were also one deck away so we learned quickly it was just not worth the trip.

We loved our Neptune Suite (Amundsen) so all was well in that regard. Prinsendam itself did not live up to the hype, but we sail for the itinerary and that was outstanding - Med and Black Sea.

Interesting how different experiences and opinions can be ;)

The NL on the Prinsendam is my favourite in the fleet. Love the stained glass behind the concierge and the layout. The alcove (Kind of a separate area in the lounge) with the table is very nice and the lounge has it's own library with good travel reference and Stephen Card books.

It's not a huge Neptune Lounge but it doesn't need to be with only 18 NS & 1 PS on the ship ;)

We found the Prinsendam NL was the least appealing of all NL layouts, by far the worst offerings for some weird reason on that cruise, and felt cramped and not very welcoming for more than a few people at the same time. Yes, it had a balcony and assume it was a converted cabin for this new purpose. ...............................

When Prinsendam came out as Royal Viking Sun, the space now occupied by the Neptune Lounge, was (Deck) officers accommodation. On the starboard side, a similar balcony is part of the Captain's day room

Interesting how different experiences and opinions can be ;)

The NL on the Prinsendam is my favourite in the fleet. Love the stained glass behind the concierge and the layout. The alcove (Kind of a separate area in the lounge) with the table is very nice and the lounge has it's own library with good travel reference and Stephen Card books.

It's not a huge Neptune Lounge but it doesn't need to be with only 18 NS & 1 PS on the ship ;)

I can see the more one cruises the Prinsendam, the more precious the connection becomes with increased familiarity with her quirky nooks and crannies, particularly since this ship also gets associated with some pretty terrific itineraries - all for very good memory making.

Forgot to mention we also loved the Pinnacle breakfasts- a daily highlight to start the morning in their special care and intimate setting. I am sorry she is leaving the HAL fleet.

It was really fun before they put up the divider between the NLbalcony and the bridge wing. Fun to hear and see everything going on and chat with the officers. Personally I always try to get a suite on the Starboard side then you have access to whatever is happening on both sides. Miss that golf center too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was really fun before they put up the divider between the NLbalcony and the bridge wing. Fun to hear and see everything going on and chat with the officers. Personally I always try to get a suite on the Starboard side then you have access to whatever is happening on both sides. Miss that golf center too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only HAL ship left - until July next year - with open/uncovered bridge wings. Not so good for the captain, staff captain and harbor pilot when arriving/departing in/from port during inclement weather

Like most Neptune Lounges the one on the P'Dam is an inside room with no views except of the corridor outside the lounge. One reason why we are not prone to book Neptune Suites is that we think the Lounge is nearly worthless. Why would we want to spend any time in a lounge with no views (or free drinks) when the Neptune Suites all come with balconies and nice views. Consider some other cruise lines/ships such as the Yacht Club on several MSC ships which have their own dining room, their own pool, their own large section of the ship, their own lounge, etc. Even NCL has some similar set-ups with the Haven Suites.

Hank

Like most Neptune Lounges the one on the P'Dam is an inside room with no views except of the corridor outside the lounge. One reason why we are not prone to book Neptune Suites is that we think the Lounge is nearly worthless. Why would we want to spend any time in a lounge with no views (or free drinks) when the Neptune Suites all come with balconies and nice views. Consider some other cruise lines/ships such as the Yacht Club on several MSC ships which have their own dining room, their own pool, their own large section of the ship, their own lounge, etc. Even NCL has some similar set-ups with the Haven Suites.

Hank

This is TOTALLY incorrect. Have you been to the Neptune Lounge on the P'dam?

It is an outside lounge on the port side. And does have a verandah and two glorious windows with views. It is NOT an inside cabin. It DOES have views and a verandah. I've been there.

Please don't propogate incorrect information. The Neptune Lounge on the Prinsendam is an exception. A big one. ;)

Only HAL ship left - until July next year - with open/uncovered bridge wings. Not so good for the captain, staff captain and harbor pilot when arriving/departing in/from port during inclement weather

True John,

Interesting enough, Captain Dag said that was one of the reasons he WANTED to sail the P'dam until he retired (which he plans for next year). His words paraphrased were: give me a good ship with a great bow, a wonderful promenade deck and a true bridge wing and I will happily sail on her as long as I can. The Prinsendam gives me all of that.

True John,

Interesting enough, Captain Dag said that was one of the reasons he WANTED to sail the P'dam until he retired (which he plans for next year). His words paraphrased were: give me a good ship with a great bow, a wonderful promenade deck and a true bridge wing and I will happily sail on her as long as I can. The Prinsendam gives me all of that.

Those Norwegian Captains; her Royal Viking Sun "take out captain" Ola S. Harsheim, Hale Thon Gundersen and now Dag Dvergastein, love this Finish-built ship, Kazu, as do some Dutch and Brit captains who have commanded her

Those Norwegian Captains; her Royal Viking Sun "take out captain" Ola S. Harsheim, Hale Thon Gundersen and now Dag Dvergastein, love this Finish-built ship, Kazu, as do some Dutch and Brit captains who have commanded her

As do I, Copper :D

Captain Gundersen treated this ship like it was his baby. You could see him checking spots where no one would think to look for dirt.

Captain Dag has continued the tradition in a wonderful way. He's a great captain.

This is TOTALLY incorrect. Have you been to the Neptune Lounge on the P'dam?

It is an outside lounge on the port side. And does have a verandah and two glorious windows with views. It is NOT an inside cabin. It DOES have views and a verandah. I've been there.

Please don't propogate incorrect information. The Neptune Lounge on the Prinsendam is an exception. A big one. ;)

Ooops my bad. Thinking of the Vista class ships. And shame on me...having spend exactly 200 days on the Prinsendam (our favorite HAL vessel).

Hank