General Price Impressions

RadioPeri

The key is checking and often even if you're not intending to book. You may just find that deal! Back in 2015 we snagged a 10 day from San Diego to Hawaii (4 islands) for an amazing $679 for 2 people interior. It was a great cruise.

In early 2017 we booked the Family Presidential Suite at an amazing deal and will be leaving for that one in 2 weeks+. We were able to find 3 other couples to go with us, all with their own bedroom and bath and it cost all of us under $2000 per couple. This is the largest suite on Liberty of the Seas, around 1400 sq ft I believe and it is actually a few dollars less than our balcony on Symphony next year!

THere are still good values to be had, but I guess you could say they have gone up over the years. Back when we started, our mantra was $1000 or less for two and about half of all our 23 cruises were around that figure. When we started doing nothing but balconies to help us achieve status, that amount went up to $1200, $1400 and now to $1900. We just had our first Grand Suite on a 5 day on Vision which was a modest $1400. But now I think we have become Suite Life afficionados.[emoji813]eyes:

Good hunting!

How does booking balconies help achieve status?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Booked JS on Harmony September 2019. $3,900 around $1,000 higher than fall 2017 on Oasis.

Just looked at March 2019 on Oasis and its $3,000. I may be transferring the booking. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Prices are like a roller coaster , my next cruise on Oasis for this November was a grand suite for 2500 per person price kept going down I kept calling and getting new price, finally went down to 2k per, so we were able to upgrade to a owners suite for same price we originally booked our grand suite

Yikes. Anyone else think things are trending RIDICULOUSLY high??

I've got 28 cruises under my belt, so I'm not what you'd call a new, inexperienced cruiser, but I have to say I'm experiencing sticker shock looking at cruises on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for this coming January and February.

Honestly, neither is offering ANYTHING that's making us considering booking, and we're well up on the loyalty chain with both lines. Truthfully, I don't need to spend close to $4k+ for a week for two in a nice cabin with a balcony and a drinks package. More power to these lines if that's what they're getting, but it won't be from us.

Congratulations to shareholders. I hope you're seeing the benefits of cost creep. For the rest of us, it's truly verging on not worth it.

Yes, I keep comparing 4 star all inclusive resorts air/resort vacations in the Caribbean to Caribbean cruises and YIKES! By the time you add drink package and air, gratuity.................Cruises are very high.

I found an AMAZING deal for dec 2019! Kids sail free and we were able to book an 8 night for a family of 3 for under $1500 this was cheaper than carnival even! I guess it comes down to when you can travel because there are still some great deals to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I keep comparing 4 star all inclusive resorts air/resort vacations in the Caribbean to Caribbean cruises and YIKES! By the time you add drink package and air, gratuity.................Cruises are very high.

True, but for me personally, I just can't get excited about going to an all inclusive anymore. I have had skin cancer so can't be in the sun for EXTENDED periods of time and I no longer drink so I find there is very little to do at all inclusive's; therefore, last time I went to one I spent a lot of money taking excursions. On cruises there are activities all day long, many of which are free, and in port, we don't HAVE to spend money to walk around most ports (I'm speaking from experiences of Caribbean cruises only). Of course, sometimes we do pay taxi's to take us around, but we have also stayed on the ship and still had a great time.

Also, the food at even four star all inclusive's, to me, is practically inedible so we often end up leaving the resort for meals. This is just my opinion and I realize many people enjoy the all inclusive experience so that's great for them. I guess if one drinks a lot of alcohol the all inclusive is definitely a better deal.

Have stayed at several all inclusive resorts and have found not all are created equal. Prefer 5 or more stars - have found some 4 stars pretty basic. Often the all inclusive air is from a major city and have to get there. Only one I truly enjoyed was Sandals and they can be expensive.

Not everyone buys a drink package. Last all inclusive I stayed at everything was pretty much geared to the alcohol package. Food was ok but not great - lots of buffets.

Also found entertainment didn’t compare to cruise. On a cruise there are lots of things other than pool to do during the day.

Now as a solo traveler I also am more security conscious and feel pretty secure on a ship.

Still find good cruise prices. As others have said it is a question of research. Have been cruising for around 30 years and remember how much I have paid in the past.