**LIVE** Fall Foliage on Adventure 9/7 - 9/17

simoner

Today was a lovely day!

The weather was great and Bar Harbor is a great place to visit.

We did a Tour through RCL today called Best of Acadia and Cadillac Mountain.

Personally I think Acadia National Park is a must visit when you’re in Bar Harbor and from the top of Cadillac Mountain you have a nice view of the ship.

Made a short video to capture our day.

http://

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

Simone - some folks on the return trip next week are asking about the price of a 'regular' cocktail (without any package) - ex. a rum and coke or gin and tonic. Any ideas?

Cheers, Morley.

Hi Morley,

I know that a martini or margarita costs $12 ex service charge. I’ll grab a menu and post a picture later today or tomorrow.

Hi Morley,

I know that a martini or margarita costs $12 ex service charge. I’ll grab a menu and post a picture later today or tomorrow.

Thanks. That would be great. Nice video, too .... we're doing the same excursion.

Are you in Quebec City on the 17 or 18th?

Morley

Thank you for your review. I will be on this same ship/itinerary on the 28th. I still haven’t made a reservation for the night before our cruise and would appreciate knowing your thoughts on the hotel in Jersey City when you have a moment. Enjoy your cruise.

Just off the Adventure this past Friday, Sept. 7. HIGHLY recommend Hyatt House in Jersey City. Brand new. Right next door to Path. Right on water. Amazing!!!!

Thank you for your review. I will be on this same ship/itinerary on the 28th. I still haven’t made a reservation for the night before our cruise and would appreciate knowing your thoughts on the hotel in Jersey City when you have a moment. Enjoy your cruise.

We stayed in Jersey City this past July before we boarded the Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. Highly recommend hotel, great views of Freedom Tower across the river, and Statue of Liberty. Directly next store to Path station one stop to 9/11 Memorial.

Portland, ME was the port of call today. Originally I booked a Duck tour in Portland but last Thursday I received an email that the tour was canceled. So we had an easy morning and went in to town around 10 am.

First thing we did was getting some donuts at Holy Donut - this is really a recommendation.

When we walked off the ship we saw a tour called the scenic route and lighthouse. So after visiting Holy Donut we walked back towards the ship and ended up doing this tour. It ended up being a great day after all.

@BCguy100, haven’t been able to take a picture of a menu but I’ll do my best tomorrow.

Portland, ME was the port of call today. Originally I booked a Duck tour in Portland but last Thursday I received an email that the tour was canceled. So we had an easy morning and went in to town around 10 am.

First thing we did was getting some donuts at Holy Donut - this is really a recommendation.

When we walked off the ship we saw a tour called the scenic route and lighthouse. So after visiting Holy Donut we walked back towards the ship and ended up doing this tour. It ended up being a great day after all.

@BCguy100, haven’t been able to take a picture of a menu but I’ll do my best tomorrow.

No worries, Simone - if you can tomorrow, that would be great. We're doing a bike tour of the 5 lighthouses ... did you bike or bus?

Morley

Wherever possible, avoid the Windjammer buffet (pretty lame and bland and sometimes awful food) and eat breakfast and lunches in the Main Dining Room. For snacks, hit the pizza place on the Promenade.

Well we really liked WJ. Excellent service there! Breakfast doesn't really vary but plenty of choices, lunch there was always something, and dinner had theme nights. We especially liked Indian night and American night (look in the Compass for theme night listings). On the other hand, we felt service was meh in MDR and lunch there one day was a disaster. Promenade pizza was the worst I have ever had. Dry cardboard.

So it just goes to show that food tastes are variable and everyone should be sure to try everything and make their own decisions.

Wherever possible, avoid the Windjammer buffet (pretty lame and bland and sometimes awful food) and eat breakfast and lunches in the Main Dining Room. For snacks, hit the pizza place on the Promenade.

We think it's best to let people make their own decisions when it comes to food. Over the years we have had some really good meals and some not so good meals in the WJ.

No worries, Simone - if you can tomorrow, that would be great. We're doing a bike tour of the 5 lighthouses ... did you bike or bus?

Morley

Rum & Coke is $8. It isn’t listed on the drink menu and this was the only one I remembered.

Other cocktails are $12 983bfe1be63224208a435711207873c6.jpg90cb97d815675e6f969d5b7cc7c2743a.jpgdcc9e812f25e69f14dd641d0b504661a.jpg

I’m still working on my review of today, but I’m having so much fun that it’s hard to get it done. I promise I’ll keep the review live and will post something this night.

Today we arrived in Canada [emoji1063]

This is my first time to Canada and I’m loving it. Even though it was really wet. It didn’t stop raining while we where a shore, but as a Dutch girl I’m kind of used to that weather.

We did a private tour with a couple we met on our roll call and it turned out great. We left at 7.30 am and visited the reversing falls, riding along the coastline of Bay of Fundy to St Martin. We’re we enjoyed a great lunch - seafood chowder and a lobster roll. After that we drove around St John and went back to the reversing falls to see the water going the other way.

Tonight we had reservations for the Mystery Dinner at Giovanni’s. The food was amazing, had great people sitting at our table and the theater part was great fun!

Halifax, Nova Scotia is really an amazing place to visit. We did a tour again today and I must say that I really recommend the private tours. You get to the places you (and probably everyone else) want to visit at the least crowded times. And most of the times these tours are cheaper too - most likely when you are with 4 or more persons.

We started by driving around the city of Halifax and had a nice stroll through Halifax Public Gardens - this is a beautiful and colorful park. After that we drove out to Peggy’s Cove. Everyone one talks about the Lighthouse but I was just mesmerized by the surroundings of the stones and the ocean and this quaint little town. We also enjoyed a delicious lobster roll.

After the visit to Peggy’s Cive we drove back to the city and visited Titanic Cemetary.

On the way back to the terminal we also stopped at Citadel Hill.

The rest of the afternoon we relaxed on the ship and enjoyed having dinner again with our table mates in the main dining room.

Currently we’re on our way to Sydney, Nova Scotia where we’ll visit Fortress of Louisbourg.

Today we arrived in Canada [emoji1063]

This is my first time to Canada and I’m loving it. Even though it was really wet. It didn’t stop raining while we where a shore, but as a Dutch girl I’m kind of used to that weather.

We did a private tour with a couple we met on our roll call and it turned out great. We left at 7.30 am and visited the reversing falls, riding along the coastline of Bay of Fundy to St Martin. We’re we enjoyed a great lunch - seafood chowder and a lobster roll. After that we drove around St John and went back to the reversing falls to see the water going the other way.

Tonight we had reservations for the Mystery Dinner at Giovanni’s. The food was amazing, had great people sitting at our table and the theater part was great fun!

Welcome to Canada, you don't know what you've been missing! :D You should have a better day in Halifax tomorrow, sunny with a high of 24. If you don't have plans yet, I recommend the Marine Museum and the Citadel, and if you like beer, skip Alexander Keiths and check out the Garrison Brewing Company right by the cruise terminal. :beer-mug:

Sorry, I just realized I was reading your post from yesterday, but hope you enjoyed your day in Halifax!

Have fun in Sydney and if you get a chance, make sure to check out the trails around Louisbourg.

Edited by Whiskytogo

Thanks. That would be great. Nice video, too .... we're doing the same excursion.

Are you in Quebec City on the 17 or 18th?

Morley

We arrive the 16th in Quebec and have a overnight on the ship and will be staying one more night at a hotel in the city before flying home on the 18th.

Don’t know if you already have a hotel booked for your cruise by know. I will definitely stay at the hotel again if I’m combining a cruise with a visit to Manhattan. But when I only need a hotel the night before the cruise without going in to the city I’d probably choose a cruise near the airport of cruise port next time.