**LIVE** Fall Foliage on Adventure 9/7 - 9/17

simoner

...Thanks. Are you not getting an overnight in Quebec City?

Yes we are and I'm excited! I've booked a hotel in the upper part of the old town for 2 nights. It is about 200 yards from your hotel. The day we get off the ship, we will do the HoHo bus. The next day I have 2 tours booked - Guided tour of the Fairmont and Small-group food tour. Based on where we are staying we will do a lot of exploring of the old town.

We took a road trip to Maine a few years ago and spent 10 days in the area to include the Maritime Provinces. So, the only ports we haven't been to before are Portland, Sydney and QC. I reserved a car in Portland, Bar Harbor and Sydney. Halifax has so much to do around the port that we will just hang out. We were there on the Carnival Horizon in May, where we took a tour to Peggy's Cove.

Hope you have a great time in QC!!!

John

Are you seeing ANY foliage that has turned. I thought it is a bit early yet, but up in Quebec maybe. anyway, just curious.

Cheers

Len

I’ve seen some foliage change in every port, except for Sydney since I didn’t get off the ship in that port. All the guides said that normally to early to see the foliage turning.

So I think we were lucky [emoji260] [emoji260][emoji260]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

Time flies, can’t believe tomorrow is disembarkation day [emoji24]

Have a great day in Quebec City,Simone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe it either.

The saddest thing was that we already received the luggage tags last night. [emoji22]

Thanks for this Simone. Useful info Did you fill in the form on board or in advance of the cruise?

Good to hear about United -- Do you have any experience of Baltimore or Washington DC airports?

Hope things go better on the way back and "beterschap"

Dutchclogs, We flew United from Washington Dulles to Newark in April. The first 2 planes we boarded had mechanical problems and we never took off. The third finally took off and we barely made it to the ship on time. Other than that, we have had wonderful experience with United.

Thanks, @simoner - we'll be on the return part of the voyage (spending time in Quebec City?). Interested in how you get to Manhattan as we'll be doing that after we dock.

M

Hi M, It may be a bit late to help. We are staying at the Best Western Plus Robert Treat Hotel in Newark. It is about .5 miles from Newark Penn Station, that links to Penn Station in Manhattan. They have an airport shuttle and will drop you at the train station if requested. It is relatively inexpensive, half of what Embassy Suites Newark Airport charges.

Hope you have a great cruise! We get on the AotS, when you debark.

John

Captain’s Welcome Aboard Reception.

9015f98252b1f65f64bcecc68c88b98d.jpg

I found this picture interesting as I can see our cabin window. We have an interior cabin on deck 8, with a window overlooking the Promenade. We have never been on this class of ship, so it is cool to see it.

John

Hi Simoner:

Is there any free Zumba Class or free fitness class on the ship?

What is the cost for Internet access?

Thanks! Enjoy your review!

I think there were Zumba classes by the pool and saw fitness classes in cruise compass. I can’t remember if they were free. I’ve saved everyone so I’ll check it when I get home.

Internet for surf and stream on the ship was $19,99. I purchased it through cruise planner on sale. First time I purchased it I paid €12,50 which is about $14 per day. 2 weeks before the cruise a better deal came around and I canceled and repurchased for €10,50 / $11,80.

I’m on my way back home [emoji22]

Wish I had more time on the ship - preferably some more sea days. There was so much to do on the ship that I didn’t get bored. Only thing I noticed that once it got cold outside during a sea day the ship could feel a little bit crowded.

Quebec City is a lovely city to visit and we got real lucky with the weather. It also was very nice to have an overnight in port. The first day we did a guided walking tour of old Quebec, which gave lots of information about the founding of the town and about the French and English influences. During the afternoon we went back to the ship to have a relaxing afternoon- it was very crowded in the old part of town since there we 5 ships in port that day.

That night we had our last meal with our fantastic table mates and went for the last time to the Schooner Bar to listen to Giovani play the piano and play his music quiz one more time.

Next morning we had to leave the beautiful Adventure. Disembarkation went smoothly until we saw the line for the taxis!!!

Quebec City is not ready for the size of Adventure. So if Quebec is your last port make sure you make transfer arrangements before hand.

We actually ended up walking to our hotel. It was not a very long walk and had to take the funicular to go up to Chateau Frontenac but the streets of old Quebec are not the easiest to walk on whit suitcases. It took us about 25 min to get to our hotel. We are very happy that we choose to walk over there cause we heard that people were standing in line for almost 1,5 hours to get a taxi.

Once we were checked in we took a taxi to Montmorency Falls. The one way fare was $28 CAD. We ended up walking all the way up to the falls instead of taking the cable car.

I really recommend visiting the falls on your own or with a tour but you defined cannot skip the falls when you’re in Quebec.

During the afternoon we had a Food Tour which took us to different restaurants to try small samples of their specialty. This was a really fun way to see the rest of the town.

We ended up having dinner at La Buche, which we visited during our tour and was located close to Chateau Frontenac.

We were so tired of all the walking that we ended up going to bed fairly early.

We really loved our trip and would recommend this cruise itinerary and the ship to everybody!!

Unfortunately real life will start back up tomorrow but we’re counting down (212 days) until our next cruise! [emoji2]

Spectrum of the Seas - Maiden Voyage - Barcelona to Dubai.

ea7e6ffff9f6b4ad28412c2068e702f1.jpg0dc199463da988933f4de818f6b87d62.jpg481e766fadaa023c305a23d7b66722e8.jpgbaf280dfa9b2580e38699e66a12f7d4d.jpgd0b9fbbb4901a5e1e2a57ae00f54e126.jpg0c2f2b00a46716a04cb420e1167c12e6.jpg

Great review of your cruise, looks like a amazing itinarary. You mentioned that the ship felt a bit crowded on your last sea day and also Windjammer at lunch on your first sea day. Your cruise was not at full capacity and only had around 3'300 passengers on board, however after all the new cabins were added the ship can now take approx 4'000, imagine how it would have felt then. Unfortunately RCCL does not care that the public places and dining venues such as main dining room or Windjammer were not designed for all the added capacity of cabins they added during the recent dry dock on this class of ship.