Buying onboard credit

bogofman

I hear it's possible to buy OBC before departure,

Is there a time limit before departure to add this?

We leave in 2 weeks,

Anyone done this recently adding OBC buying with UK pounds, I hear it's possible to get a favourable exchange rate.

Doing this would also avoid the international exchange fees if using card on the ship.

Also if we buy OBC, I assume we can take it out as cash?

We bought OBC about a week ago. Not the exceptional rate we have managed to get in the past but still better than you'd get elsewhere.

You can find the rate online but it is harder since the last Celebrity website "improvement". Search for "gifts by Celebrity" and then follow the links for gifts delivered on board. Just keep clicking on "On Board Credit" until it shows you the price which will be for US$25.

Do NOT purchase online. In the past (and probably now), it was not automatic and required human interventions. You are sailing too soon to risk that. Phone Celebrity UK on 01932 834 300 and purchase online.

It will NOT appear on your account online as it is designed as a gift but you most likely will find a gift card in our stateroom on embarkation and it will appear on your on board account in a few days. We have never have problems with a no show but take the documentation you will be emailed with you, just in case.

We leave in 2 weeks,

Anyone done this recently adding OBC buying with UK pounds, I hear it's possible to get a favourable exchange rate.

Doing this would also avoid the international exchange fees if using card on the ship.

It should be Refundable OBC and if unused, will be credited back to your Credit Card of record at the end of the cruise.

But during the cruise, it is no different than any other OBC and cannot be converted to cash.

It should be Refundable OBC and if unused, will be credited back to your Credit Card of record at the end of the cruise.

But during the cruise, it is no different than any other OBC and cannot be converted to cash.

We asked and got our purchased OBC (I think it was gift ref c171, but my memory may have failed me) back in cash at the end of the cruise. It was in dollars, but we didn’t mind that. We did have to get the Michael’s Club concierge to speak to the front desk as they refused at first. Even after I explained that if it had been purchased as a gift, they would be crediting it back to the giver and that seemed a very strange way to do things.

I didn’t want to be charged or get a less favourable rate for the conversion to pounds on my credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We asked and got our purchased OBC (I think it was gift ref c171, but my memory may have failed me) back in cash at the end of the cruise. It was in dollars, but we didn’t mind that. We did have to get the Michael’s Club concierge to speak to the front desk as they refused at first. Even after I explained that if it had been purchased as a gift, they would be crediting it back to the giver and that seemed a very strange way to do things.

I didn’t want to be charged or get a less favourable rate for the conversion to pounds on my credit card.

Some of the people on the Guest Relations desk are not familiar with purchased OBC but all it should take is a polite insistence that check with their Accounts Department. I have neve had to do more than that to get a cash refund.

Some of the people on the Guest Relations desk are not familiar with purchased OBC but all it should take is a polite insistence that check with their Accounts Department. I have neve had to do more than that to get a cash refund.

It was a flat out refusal to a very polite request. I asked them to check with their accounts department. As I didn’t want it to become a stand off, I decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We leave in 2 weeks,

I bought some two days ago the exchange rate is a bit better than you would get anywhere at home, I did it has a gift to ourselves as I have in the past and if there's any left on the last night I will ask for it in cash dollars, never had a problem before. Dianne