Guarantee Suite

Peewee14

Just thought I would share our good fortune and also having searched the forums a lot about Guarantee suites and took some good information thought it would be good to give some back

We are booked on a 14 night Cruise in October on IOS in a 2 bedroom GS. following this cruise is a 5 nighter so after much deliberation we decided to book that also and extend our cruise and do a back to back , had to be careful with the funds though so booked a W Guarantee suite, and after much searching on here resigned ourselves to getting a Junior suite.

Now I dont want to sound ungrateful, we are lucky to be adding to our cruise but naturally I worried about going from a 2 bed GS to a JS with 2 young kids ! and of course losing our suite perks!

I checked the cruise planner every hour, and 24 hours after booking I was completely shocked to find we had been allocated a 2 bed GS right next door to the one we have for the first leg!

I am only guessing here that they took our first leg into account when allocating the room, I thought maybe it was all done automatically , but it cant be coincidence can it?

Makes me wonder if its worth booking a Guarantee for the second leg of any B2B if they do take this into account.

Anyway, needles to say we are completely over the moon and I am very pleased with RCI and thought we would share our good news and experience of booking a Guarantee W

I doubt they took it into account as the booking aren't linked. Congratulations anyway.

They where linked, when I booked the second leg I called them up and asked them to link them , following advice on here about check in

They where linked, when I booked the second leg I called them up and asked them to link them , following advice on here about check in

We were posting simultaneously! Yes, I think that they love you and rewarded you!

What are the two itineraries?

The bookings CAN be linked.

Peewee, did you link your cruises?

Yes, when I booked the W I called them and linked them straight away, as I asked about check in for the second leg on here and someone told me to link them, I then got an email with one invoice showing both cruise 1 and 2 , at this point cruise 2 was still a W , 24 hours later cabin assigned.. total shock! Just thought it worth knowing that I believe it cant be coincidence , and that manual allocation must be done for cabins, I thought it might have been automated

We were posting simultaneously! Yes, I think that they love you and rewarded you!

What are the two itineraries?

6th October 14 Night Canaries

20th October dutch and French adventure 5 nights

After the 14 nighter we are 2 points off diamond, so we intended to do a short cruise anyway before our next 14 nighter in 2019, this way we added the short cruise while we are already there if that makes sense ?

6th October 14 Night Canaries

20th October dutch and French adventure 5 nights

After the 14 nighter we are 2 points off diamond, so we intended to do a short cruise anyway before our next 14 nighter in 2019, this way we added the short cruise while we are already there if that makes sense ?

That makes PERFECT sense. 😜

We did the Canaries itinerary 7 years ago and LOVED it.

Have a wonderful time!

Just thought I would share our good fortune and also having searched the forums a lot about Guarantee suites and took some good information thought it would be good to give some back

We are booked on a 14 night Cruise in October on IOS in a 2 bedroom GS. following this cruise is a 5 nighter so after much deliberation we decided to book that also and extend our cruise and do a back to back , had to be careful with the funds though so booked a W Guarantee suite, and after much searching on here resigned ourselves to getting a Junior suite.

Now I dont want to sound ungrateful, we are lucky to be adding to our cruise but naturally I worried about going from a 2 bed GS to a JS with 2 young kids ! and of course losing our suite perks!

I checked the cruise planner every hour, and 24 hours after booking I was completely shocked to find we had been allocated a 2 bed GS right next door to the one we have for the first leg!

I am only guessing here that they took our first leg into account when allocating the room, I thought maybe it was all done automatically , but it cant be coincidence can it?

Makes me wonder if its worth booking a Guarantee for the second leg of any B2B if they do take this into account.

Anyway, needles to say we are completely over the moon and I am very pleased with RCI and thought we would share our good news and experience of booking a Guarantee W

Congrats!! :D Though a big part of that could be due to having more than 2 people booked into your cabin. They take that into account quite often.

Enjoy your cruise! :)