Alaska 2019 cruise - too late to book?

Hitchens97

I'm trying to book on the coral princess on July 3rd, but it seems more than 85pct sold out with very limited cabin selection. Is this the norm. Have I left it too late?

A couple of questions.

1) Will different rooms be available on different sites?

2) Do rooms open up, i.e. they're not really sold?

3) Is it easy to swap rooms?

Where are you trying to book; if you are trying to book thru Princess site; why not call the company directly and ask them; or contact a local travel agent in your hometown and let them look for what's available for that cruise. Keep us posted

Edited by AF-1
spelling

I see substantially more than 15% of cabins still available on the Princess site in most categories:

Two of the four Premium Suites, and ten of the twelve Vista Suites.

Plenty of mini-suites, though only two Club Class remaining.

A good selection of balcony cabins on Decks 11 and 12--ten midship bump-outs on 10 and 11.

Just shy of half the unobstructed OV on Deck 5 (and a couple scattered ones on Deck 6 and 8).

Insides (and obstructed OV) admittedly only a scattered few in less than the best locations, though guarantees being taken.

Are you looking for something very specific, such as triple/quad, or the aftmost cabins on each deck to be close to viewing areas?

Edited by fishywood

We are family of 4 - 2 boys 12 and 16. Was thinking ideal would be 2 balcony cabins next to each other coastal side. Oh and ideally low and middle since my wife and youngest are prone to motion sickness.

Yea it is too late to get that (specific side, 2 rooms next to each other on a lower deck, mid ship). You may but people book early to get that. But it is not too late to get on the ship. Work with a real person such as a travel agent to try to find rooms close to each other. They are the experts - use their expertise.

I wouldn't worry too much bout the coastal side. You will see land whichever side you are on.

I'm trying to book on the coral princess on July 3rd, but it seems more than 85pct sold out with very limited cabin selection. Is this the norm. Have I left it too late?

A couple of questions.

1) Will different rooms be available on different sites?

2) Do rooms open up, i.e. they're not really sold?

3) Is it easy to swap rooms?

This is the time to book. The 3 for Free promo started today. With the 3 for free promo, bookings tend to accelerate. The promo ends November 19th.

I looked on the Princess web site and there are still lots of cabins available in most categories. If you are looking for 3 or 4 passengers in a cabin the selections narrow. Some cabins that are marked as "sold" are really just reserved for passengers that book the cruisetour options. (land + sea). The cruisetours tend to sell so I would not wait.

It is possible to change cabins in the same category if they open up, but I would not count on it. Swapping cabins is not real easy and may involve some cost, depending on your T.A. and depending on the fare for that cabin at the time of change. Select the cabin you want now, or select a guarantee where Princess will assign the cabin just before your voyage.

Alaska is very popular and ships sell out.