407 days out excursions posted

phabric

Yeah, who wants to prepay this far out though? Not me. I wish they would go back to allowing reservations without paying up front.

We are on the transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.

I have more than enough OBC to pay for a popular limited availability tour so whether my OBC is listed in my Cruise Personalizer or used for payment it doesn’t matter to me.

It would be good to have Princess revert to allowing reservations without paying upfront. However they decided to follow other mainstream cruise lines to require pre-payment. Initially we couldn’t use OBC but they listened to passengers to make this an option. Having OBC available to book tours was the reason they allowed shareholder OBC to be issued much earlier. I’ve received SOBC 22 months in advance so it was available to pay for my tours 14 months in advance.

I'd pay in advance because the prices are often cheaper! With each year and season that passes, the prices can, and often do, go up.

I’ve seen prices for our booked tours increase by over 50% and some had soldout prior to sailing.

Even though I prefer booking tours without any payment required, unfortunately Princess is not going back to the previous tour booking procedure.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yeah, who wants to prepay this far out though? Not me. I wish they would go back to allowing reservations without paying up front.

We are on the transatlantic sailing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have uncommitted OBC, when you click on [PAY NOW], it will apply OBC to the reservation rather than

asking for credit card info.

It would be good to have Princess revert to allowing reservations without paying upfront.

I agree. It was another thing that made Princess better than the competition. But just like no longer having cabins available when boarding started around noon, Princess is making the choice to sail on other lines easier since they are the same.

It would be better to allow shore excursions to be booked without payment until final payment time. At least that way you are not paying for shore excursions months before you need to pay for the cruise itself.