Cell service Bermuda

gymjunkie

Heading to Bermuda on the Anthem OTS...does Bermuda have accessible cell service and if so, how fast is it?

It depends on your carrier, you need to call them. It will also depend on the plan you have with them. You may be able to get a temporary upgrade to get faster data. We have T-Mobile. With their T-Mobile one plan you get free 2G data service and free text messages. Calls are $.25/minute. If you have their One Plus plan you get 3G data.

There are a few wifi hotspots but not that fast and, some are free and some are fee.

I have T-mobile and have used it in a lot of countries.

3G is fast enough to text, email, and use Google Maps. You will not be able to watch You Tube or NexFlix. At 2G, maps can take a while.

But those are the MINIMUM speeds. It will depend on country and carrier. When you connect in a country for the first time, you will get a text with info on what you will get. In many countries, I get 4G or LTE speeds. Not all, but a number of them.

AT&T also has the $10 a day travel passes.

Related question. I looked at the list of countries for the AT&T Travel Pass and I don't see St. Thomas. It's a USVI. Do they not offer it or is it just part of the United States roaming plan? I also do not see Puerto Rico either.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/global-countries.html#s

Related question. I looked at the list of countries for the AT&T Travel Pass and I don't see St. Thomas. It's a USVI. Do they not offer it or is it just part of the United States roaming plan? I also do not see Puerto Rico either.

AT&T treats the USVI and Puerto Rico like the US mainland.

St. Thomas is not roaming on AT&T. It is regular domestic AT&T service that is included in your plan. Same with Puerto Rico. They have their own cell towers in US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.