Flight time after cruise

Sunchaser46

Some people have made those early flights without any problems.

You have to sign up for self-disembarkation where you haul all your own luggage off the ship yourself -- no help from anyone.

I would not want to be stressed if I would make that flight. What are your back-up plans if the ship arrives back in port late for whatever reason?

I would be a bit anxious. If the ship gets in late it would take time to clear, you would have to get luggage, go through customs, catch transportation and get to the airport in time. Maybe if you did luggage direct on the way home you would make it, but it would be close

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The airport is only 10 minutes away and if you are first off the ship with your luggage, a 10:30 AM flight is possible.

If there are other big cruise ships in port on the same day, there will be quite a long TSA check-in line which will make TSA Pre-check almost necessary.

Even as close as FLL airport is to the cruise port I would never book a flight earlier than 11:30, just to be on the safe side. Why stress yourself unnecessarily if you don't have to? Sure, a later flight may be a little more, but it is most likely LESS than missing your flight and re-booking a new/later one, staying overnight, etc. Flights from FLL on cruise days are almost always oversold, which makes getting re-accommodated even more difficult

If it's a weekday, probably not a big deal. If you have Global Entry, it should be easy. If you don't have Global Entry, download the CBP's Mobile Passport app and set it up BEFORE you leave home. It will expedite your return to the US.

Those early flights are usually less than expensive because they carry some risk.