Low Prices on Internet Packages

TxKroozer

Wondering if anyone on here has answer to or comparison of discounted prices for Internet Surf Packages as compared to One Device Surf Only prices currently at $9.99 per day. We are Diamond Plus and not sure what our current Net Fee with discount applies would be once we get onboard and book service.

Thanks.

Onboard prices: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

D+ get a $46 discount on a package OR two free 24-hour periods of internet. You cannot combine two D+ discounts on the purchase of one package. However, you can use the two free days from one guest and then buy a package for the remaining days and use the $46 discount from the other guest.

Onboard prices: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

D+ get a $46 discount on a package OR two free 24-hour periods of internet. You cannot combine two D+ discounts on the purchase of one package. However, you can use the two free days from one guest and then buy a package for the remaining days and use the $46 discount from the other guest.

Excuse this anal CPA but the current online sale price per day is $9.99 per day. If the price per day is $15.99 with Diamond Plus discount, then even with the two day free use by one and discounted price for five days is more than 7 days at $9.99. Your thoughts?

I thought the Diamond Plus discount for internet packages purchased onboard was 2 days at whatever that rate is -- $15.99/day for Surf and $19.99/day for Surf+Stream in the case of the photo you linked to.

OK, on this one here (from Radiance) shows it's a flat $39.99 off any internet package or 2 free days of Surf (not Surf+Stream). I suppose it varies, but I'd be expecting it to be 2 days of the Surf+Stream rate on the ship, probably not a flat dollar amount that's the same everywhere.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180703/756284077786aff6790b954f1b89fa20.jpg

I thought the Diamond Plus discount for internet packages purchased onboard was 2 days at whatever that rate is -- $15.99/day for Surf and $19.99/day for Surf+Stream in the case of the photo you linked to.

OK, on this one here (from Radiance) shows it's a flat $39.99 off any internet package or 2 free days of Surf (not Surf+Stream). I suppose it varies, but I'd be expecting it to be 2 days of the Surf+Stream rate on the ship, probably not a flat dollar amount that's the same everywhere.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180703/756284077786aff6790b954f1b89fa20.jpg

Seems with the posted $9.99 Surf Only One Device that it is currently a big discount over and above the Diamond Plus discounted daily rate. I am trying to do the math before going onboard. If I go the Clarea suggestion to use two free days for Wife’s first then book 5 days with two free for me at $15.99 it makes sense to wait and book onboard.

OK, on this one here (from Radiance) shows it's a flat $39.99 off any internet package or 2 free days of Surf (not Surf+Stream). url]

Those prices are before the price increases this year. The discount is the 24 hr package price for Surf.

Excuse this anal CPA but the current online sale price per day is $9.99 per day. If the price per day is $15.99 with Diamond Plus discount, then even with the two day free use by one and discounted price for five days is more than 7 days at $9.99. Your thoughts?

When you buy the remaining days package it will cost you $16x5-$46 or $34, much better than the $70 it will cost you pre cruise.

Why don't they apply D/D+ discounts within the cruise planner? That should be a given.

You can't buy partial Internet or drink packages online at all, and the discounts you can get from a sale in advance usually at some point match the discount Diamond Plus gets onboard, at least for some period of time.

Considering what they do offer, they should just drop the advance sale pretense for Diamond Plus and higher and just offer onboard whatever the best discount was in advance or 30% of onboard pricing for non-Diamond-Plus folks at least for the beverage and internet packages.

Why don't they apply D/D+ discounts within the cruise planner? That should be a given.

It's never been their policy to give the coupon discounts pre-cruise. They have always been restricted to onboard use only.

I understand, but don't you agree it would be nice if they did...and quite frankly, logical?

Sure, it would be nice. However, you know they would find a way to diminish it. For example, they would probably say that you cannot combine your Diamond internet discount with a "sale" price. Since every price is a fake sale ... well you know what that means.

Adventure 8 night for a solo onboard pricing surf and stream one device 19.95 per = 159.60 minus the D+ discount of 39.90 equals 119.70

Current sale 8 night surf and stream one device 11.99 per = 95.92

As a solo I am better off with the current sale than waiting like I usually do to buy it on board.