Escape Haven

123veranda

Was just on the Gem (in Haven). Am going on the Escape (Haven) next year. The one thing I loved..was in the Haven courtyard on the Gem you could get breakfast & lunch brought to you. Does the Escape do that? I’m thinking “no” (because they have a Haven restaurant that the Gem didn’t have); but hoping “yes”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sure. You can have your butler deliver a Havens breakfast every morning on a white table cloth. Just fill out breakfast cards the night before. Ignore the check boxes,,, just write what you want...

Filet steak, eggs over easy, egg white omelet with spinach and tomato, bacon, ham, sausage, roasted tomato, mushroom, Tahitian French toast, hash browns, breakfast potatoes, breads with jelly, fresh fruit, juices, and a Diet Pepsi.

5f3d4901789d6a4e12248b9cb0bf6ecb.jpg

Just got off the Escape Sunday, and yes - you can have breakfast and lunch served in the pool area of the Haven on the Escape. There aren't as many tables as in the pool area of the Breakaway, but there is a limited menu (at least for lunch - burger, hot dog, wraps and fish sandwich, if I remember correctly - and a few salads), and it is nice to have it casually around the pool. Also, it can be served at your lounge chair (pure laziness and enjoyment!)

Thank you! Silly but that was the highlight of the cruise. Relaxing by pool & not having to go somewhere else for a light breakfast or lunch.

The Escape Haven restaurant is fantastic. We would ahve eaten every meal there if we didnt have a meal plan!

The Escape Haven restaurant is fantastic. We would ahve eaten every meal there if we didnt have a meal plan!

I’ve heard good things about the Haven and will probably eat there a lot. Old menus on-line have lobster for dinner but I’m reading they no longer have. Do you know if that’s true? If so, what restaurants have lobster? Even if I have to pay xtra, I need lobster at least one nite.

You might prefer breakfast at the Haven restaurant over the courtyard. There is outside dining that is super nice.

But yes, I noticed several people ordering food at the pool, with the staff setting up tables accordingly.

I’ve heard good things about the Haven and will probably eat there a lot. Old menus on-line have lobster for dinner but I’m reading they no longer have. Do you know if that’s true? If so, what restaurants have lobster? Even if I have to pay xtra, I need lobster at least one nite.

I don't remember if they have it-but if its being served anywhere on the ship they will get it for you. One of the passengers I knew mentioned how he was missing comfort food like fried chicken and they got it for him!

Thank you! Silly but that was the highlight of the cruise. Relaxing by pool & not having to go somewhere else for a light breakfast or lunch.

The Escape has a nice outside dining room. We had breakfast there every morning when the weather was nice (see this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55863490&postcount=138 )

You may only be able to find lobster at Ocean Blue now. Or cold lobster at the Raw Bar.

It’s Bayamo on the Escape that has the Lobster (it’s Ocean Blue on the Breakaway, but basically the same thing now.).

But you should go read the rest of Bird Travels’ review that he linked to, because it has all the menus and is a great review! It’s been very helpful in our planning.

The Escape has a nice outside dining room. We had breakfast there every morning when the weather was nice (see this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55863490&postcount=138 )

You may only be able to find lobster at Ocean Blue now. Or cold lobster at the Raw Bar.

Oh yeah! Think I might like that even better than eating by pool. Thanks

We were on the escape in June. We had lunch by the haven pool while playing cards and it was very lazy and just what we needed - having said that we only did it once because the menu was very limited - we absolutely LOVED the Haven Restaurant for breakfast - we sat outside and the food was great. We also really enjoyed dinner there . Going on the Getaway in November and looking forward to having many meals there.