POLL : Upgrade bidding results (accepted or declined) by level

reveur15

Final result for your Upgrade bidding (accepted or declined) by level ?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Final result for your Upgrade bidding (accepted or declined) by level ?

• Poor offer Accepted
    • Poor offer Declined
    • Fair offer Accepted
    • Fair offer Declined
    • Good offer Accepted
    • Good offer Declined
    • Strong offer Accepted
    • Strong offer Declined
    • Excellent offer Accepted
    • Excellent offer Declined

The challenge with a poll is that you can only vote once.

We have had poor bids accepted. And poor bids declined. All of our good bids have been declined. (On different cruises).

So far, it is interesting to know that many poor bids are accepted :D

I suggest people vote for their latest bid result.

I have suspected for a long time that Colin works for NCL, especially when he replies within minutes to a thread with a link to the answer to the OP’s question. Wouldn’t it be much easier to just answer the question?

There is another poster who posts quite often who I know for sure is an employee.

I post on another cruise app / forum and after reading the same questions dozens of times and typing the same answer dozens of times..... I finally smartened up and have a note app that I've written "canned replies" that include a little bit of an answer with an appropriate link. Judging someone because they quickly supply a link is pretty silly!!! Also, supplying that link is a great way to provide even more information about the question and other topics.

People nowadays are lazy and want instant gratification and answers on demand...... no one wants to work for answers and when someone, God forbid, provides a link to the answer instead of typing the answer out they're criticized.

I remember the old days when I asked my dad a question and he pointed to the Britannica Encyclopedias and I had to, gasp, search for the answer...... he didn't even open up the volume to the page for me. I turned out OK.

I appreciate CollinIllinois links and info...... and thank you for your service.

Agree. I like to see simple stats vs, weeding through long threads trying to determine on my own if there’s some sort of “pattern”. The other threads on the program are great for answering questions. But if you just want to see numbers and stats, you don’t have to go any further than the first post of this thread.

I agree! I was actually pretty happy to see this poll as it was my first time to bid and I was wondering just how many poor offers were accepted! :D:D

Well, I hope I'm not replying to you too soon after you posted. :) I can assure you that I am not an NCL employee. I'm a retired military guy and don't work at all so sometimes I have more time on my hands than I need so I'll waste time on the innerwebz.

I'd like to think like many other people, that I'm being helpful by providing information. As far as providing links instead of just answering my philosophy is that for a lot of new people if they read the linked information they will find more helpful information than just the one question they asked and in the future they will know where to go for info.

Many people are appreciative of that.

Cheers.

Good to know. My apologies. My post didn’t disappear this time, so I believe I was wrong.

Well, I hope I'm not replying to you too soon after you posted. :) I can assure you that I am not an NCL employee. I'm a retired military guy and don't work at all so sometimes I have more time on my hands than I need so I'll waste time on the innerwebz.

I'd like to think like many other people, that I'm being helpful by providing information. As far as providing links instead of just answering my philosophy is that for a lot of new people if they read the linked information they will find more helpful information than just the one question they asked and in the future they will know where to go for info.

Many people are appreciative of that.

Cheers.

:D I am. :cool:

Click on the View Poll Results button.

Thank you - don't know how I missed seeing that results button!!!:o

I have put in a bid for an upgrade and bid the highest amount and now I think (based on the poll results) that I should bid very low! They are more successful. If I do win the my bid I will wonder if I should have bid way lower.:(

Thank you - don't know how I missed seeing that results button!!!:o

I have put in a bid for an upgrade and bid the highest amount and now I think (based on the poll results) that I should bid very low! They are more successful. If I do win the my bid I will wonder if I should have bid way lower.:(

You should bid exactly what you are comfortable with. Ideally, your bid should be such that if you win, you are happy for the upgrade, and if you lose, you are happy to have the extra money to spend on board. If you will be devastated to lose, keep your bid high or even consider paying the difference for a direct upgrade.

I booked a Haven- the only Haven catagory avaialble. I immediately got an email to bid an upgrade. So I bid, but I believe I am bidding on what is not avaialble. I think, perhaps in some cases, they just use the bidding process for market research? The cruise is not sold out, but the haven levels are except for one. - the one i booked.

A similar thing happened a year ago when I booked (not Haven) but close to sailing and was told the cruise was sold out at all levels above mine, yet I got an offer to bid. i bid high with no sucess. The travel agent I used said it would never happen since the cruise was sold out. This time i went direct, so can only ask ncl. I’ve called a few times to try and pay to upgrade, and they just say its not available. The answer they give as to why they are asking me to bid for something not available is “maybe someone will cancel.” Really? We are past cancellation date.

Any thoughts?

Edited by travelgals
Spelling

I’ve called a few times to try and pay to upgrade, and they just say its not available. The answer they give as to why they are asking me to bid for something not available is “maybe someone will cancel.” Really? We are past cancellation date.

Any thoughts?

Last minute cancellations do happen, even beyond final payment. Medical emergencies, deaths in the family, changes in employment... basically all the reasons people buy trip insurance in the first place. However, I suspect that late cancellations are super common and most likely all your bid does is help NCL mine valuable data on what people might be willing to pay for rooms.

Exactly my thought. So I guess I’ll let my ridiculously high bid remain for a few more days and then just pull it. The closer we get the harder it will be to organize my mom to come and to organize her early would ultimately leave her very disappointed. So no reason to leave the bid for ncl to mine on a low probability for us.

In the future, I now know never to bid on a cabin class that's unavailable.

• 1 month later...

Rec'd the upgrade bid offer 80 days prior to the Getaway Nov 25 sailing.    Booked Oceanview on deck 5.    Bid on balcony and mini-suite, both in the poor category.     Rec'd email yesterday, 27 days prior to sailing accepting the poor bid for the balcony.    So moved from deck 5 to deck 12.    Printed new e-docs today.    Very happy with the results.

dave

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, travelgals said:

Exactly my thought. So I guess I’ll let my ridiculously high bid remain for a few more days and then just pull it. The closer we get the harder it will be to organize my mom to come and to organize her early would ultimately leave her very disappointed. So no reason to leave the bid for ncl to mine on a low probability for us.

In the future, I now know never to bid on a cabin class that's unavailable.

I am assuming you are thinking of adding your Mom if you win your bid, however I don't think you can add a person to a room thats upgraded. You can only upgrade the people in the original room. If I am incorrect please correct me.

Edited by boopsahoy
spelling

54 minutes ago, boopsahoy said:

I am assuming you are thinking of adding your Mom if you win your bid, however I don't think you can add a person to a room thats upgraded. You can only upgrade the people in the original room. If I am incorrect please correct me.

The adding an additional guest to the upgraded stateroom may be limited to the number of guests occupying a specific

life boat safety zone. Otherwise the addition of another guest should not be a problem with an exception to that guest

getting all the benefits/perks/promos of the first two occupant guests in that upgraded cabin. Just because the upgraded

cabin can accommodate more guests does not give a free-for-all to its capacity. If one is upgraded to a suite the services

of the butler and concierge would be included but not any beverage or dining package. This bears further research ----- ! 

I was told that while it may be possible to add a person after recieving an upgrade, there is no guarantee that I could. Depends upon number of people sailing and lifeboats requirements. They advised me to add her before upgrade and I could cancel her at any time before sailing at no cost. So I added her, and then canceled when I pulled my bid. 

I absolutely love this new pill type forum and believe it is different from what I’ve seen prior. If we all like myself(I’m now guilty) didn’t comment on it the comments wouldn’t grow. I might be a cursmudgeon but I wish people would use the like button for congratulating people on winning bids instead of making a large quote with a congrats added. Just my opinion and doesn’t mean I’m right