1605 and noise from above

sdnich

I hate after you pick a room when you start second-guessing that you picked the right room I picked 1605 for the larger deck but wonder if the parties on the deck and the music are a problem inside the room? I am a light sleeper but I do bring earplugs! And I would probably be at the party on the deck but wondering throughout the day with the chairs and music will there be any peace and quiet on our deck and room(Mid day nap)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just in 1605 (Aug 25-Sept 3) and love the room. We did not hear any noise during the day but on two evenings there was a live band playing in the pool area and we could hear the music. You could also hear the live band when you got off the elevators. This was a 9 night cruise to the ABC Islands, so I don't know if all cruises have a live band playing in the pool area at night. We did not hear any music when the DJ was playing during the day.

We loved the cabin and would not hesitate to book this cabin again but the music on those evenings did not bother us.

Thanks for the info like I said I will probably be up there in the evenings listening to the music but I was hoping that it wouldn’t be loud throughout the day! We are doing this is part of a B2b our first time and just booked this second part this week. We will have to move rooms from an aft room but still on the same deck!! I love the aft but it will be nice to have a central location!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We disembarked from equinox this morning after a great cruise. We were in 1512 and had issues with the sound of people running on the treadmills in the gym above. The “thump, thump, thump” noise reverberated through the entire cabin and balcony. It was an issue for us as we tend to read in the cabin rather than have the tv on to distract us from the sound.

You will have no issue as you are a deck below and will only have cabins above you.

Edited by Deano68
wrong cabin number

I just went through the same dilemma . I had 1606 but moved to room 1523(an area we normally stay) and never had issues as we are under the spa One year we stayed in room 1558 which is under the solaruim and they decided to have the silent disco one night from 10-12 . I was upset because they have plenty of other space on the boat and they choose the area that people seek refuge from the loudness...yes I understand silent disco but dancing is loud when you are underneath neath... it sounded like a horde of elephants...i complained and they sent a bottle of wine to the cabin and we enjoyed it on the balcony...... With reading about 1606 amd other rooms in that area I did not want to run the risk of dragging chairs in the AM as well as cigarette smoke as they are under the smoking areas(depends on wind but with my luck it would happen) ...

I stayed in a similar location on Reflection but on the starboard side. The room was quiet at all times except one evening when they had a pool party with live music. That evening you could hear the music while sitting on the balcony (which we actually enjoyed) but in the room with the balcony door closed it was quiet. We'd definitely do it again (and in fact have 1605 booked on one of our upcoming cruises).