Do you have to pay for the Greenhouse Spa Thermal Pool?

Betty in Cozumel

We are looking at a Westerdam cruise of China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines in March 2019. Of course the weather will be cooler in the northern ports (9C/48F) so I can't imagine using the outdoor pools.

Is there a cost to use the Greenhouse Spa Thermal Pool & Hot tubs?

We were on the Celebrity Millennium in January 2018 doing a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise and spent a lot of time in the Adults only Solarium area; especially in the northern Vietnam ports.

Thanks

Betty

The Hydrotherapy Pool in the Greenhouse Spa includes use of the Thermal Suite and its saunas/steam rooms and aromatherapy showers. Availability of men's and women's locker rooms with showers is included. Since the facility is adjacent to the mid-ship's pool, it is very easy to spend an entire day there: spend sometime in the Spa area, spend some time around the mid-ship's pool, repeat, etc. There is a cost and it is related to the length of the cruise. Usually on embarkation day, there is a nice discount available for a cruise length pass. For me, it is worth very penny I pay for the amenity.

Yes, there is a charge for a cruise-long pass to the hydro pool/thermal suites. Included are the cold showers, the hydro pool (various jets and sprays), the thermal loungers- with floor to ceiling windows/views, and a few different wet sauna rooms offering different aroma therapies. It is unlimited, you can use every day multiple times.

For week long cruises we have paid $250 a couple. I hear if they don't "sell out" of the cruise long passes they will offer day passes at $45 each per person, though I have not seen that promoted by ship.

As mentioned, the Lido pool will most likely be covered and will be heated. There are also general use Jacuzzis by both pools, free of charge.

Lastly, I like to say nothing is free ;p It may have been included in your fare or held no additional charge, but it was paid for, lol. :')

We are looking at a Westerdam cruise of China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines in March 2019. Of course the weather will be cooler in the northern ports (9C/48F) so I can't imagine using the outdoor pools.

Is there a cost to use the Greenhouse Spa Thermal Pool & Hot tubs?

We were on the Celebrity Millennium in January 2018 doing a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise and spent a lot of time in the Adults only Solarium area; especially in the northern Vietnam ports.

Thanks

Betty

Hubby and I sailed on the Westerdam transatlantic cruise from Italy to Ft. Lauderdale last October. It was a 13 night cruise and the cost for the hydro pool/thermal suite was $399 for the length of the cruise for the two of us. It was worth every penny!

Hi Betty,

Thermal suite you are asking about does not exist on any Celebrity ship so far. Quality thermal suites are always extra on cruise ships.

Happy cruising!

I was speaking about the Solarium on the Celebrity Millennium that has a good size heated pool/jet pool that was adults only (except for an hour each afternoon). I could lie on those jets at the size for a long time.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-millennium-167/solarium-285660/solarium--v12844665/

This area was much quieter and warmer too on the cold days. I hope that is the same on HAL's Westerdam.

Betty