Free cruise for winning the Bingo ticket raffle now down to a 5day cruise

fstuff1

Not really hard to find. Just look at a chart for NCLH. You will see their stock price is the same now as it was in 2015. I always buy NCLH for the $100/$250 OBC, but after I sell it. Have also owned CCL. I keep that one and the gains alone have paid for a few cruises. :D

I hope you have RCL, too. Which has out vastly outperformed Carnival.

im currently on the gem 11day cruise (sept 2018).

you get raffle tickets when you buy the pull tabs that they push before each show at the Stardust theater.

you also get raffle tickets when you buy bingo cards.

in the past, the free cruise for winning the raffle was a 7day.

on this cruise, they announced that the winner of the raffle gets a free 5 day cruise :(

Pushing Cuba

My daughter won in August 2018 it’s for five nights only, inside cabin , max $600 so basically it’s almost worthless

Why do people say it is worthless or even similar? I doubt many paid $600 for their scratch offs. it is a gamble, you buy scratch offs and you hope you will win something just like when you play the lottery. .

I hope you have RCL, too. Which has out vastly outperformed Carnival.

yep, Carnival is doing lousy this year, but again, buying stock is a long time investment. I always laugh when some on here say, for instance NCL stock is the same as it was in 2012 or 15 or whatever. They are picking out one particular date most likely. I know what we paid for our in 2013 and we have done very well, plus getting our $100 obc each sailing. There have been days when the stock has gone down, down, down and then those days it has gone up up, up. I think a good example is RCCI that you mentioned. Earlier this year CCL was the poorest performing of the 3 major lines, NCL was the best and RCCI was between the two Now RCCI is our performing both the other 2.

Why do people say it is worthless or even similar? I doubt many paid $600 for their scratch offs. it is a gamble, you buy scratch offs and you hope you will win something just like when you play the lottery. .

Exactly, just like voluntary taxation, aka the lottery. They pay out half of what they take in, so you must have twice the average luck to break even. Glad we have plenty of people here in PA supporting senior citizens by playing the lottery.

On the Getaway last month, the lady that won the "free cruise" told everyone, after receiving the "prize" that it was actually $600 towards a cruise. That isn't exactly a free cruise, is it?
Exactly! The time share companies give away similar "free cruises" that boil down to about the same thing. Is NCL really lowering itself to the level of the timeshare companies?

On the Getaway last month, the lady that won the "free cruise" told everyone, after receiving the "prize" that it was actually $600 towards a cruise. That isn't exactly a free cruise, is it?

Now THAT is funny. :D

In reality I suppose you could take a 3 night Sky cruise in an inside cabin next to the engines for about $600 :*

• 3 weeks later...

Penn gaming freebie NCL cruise certificate benefits are way down too. Two years ago, the benefit was for a seven night balcony cruise for two. (Taxes, of course, are extra). I don't know about last year, as we didn't want to cruise (other vacation plans). This year the benefit was just for a seven night cruise for an inside for two and there were more restriction regarding ships and where you can cruise. We decided to go ahead as DS wanted to cruise and a cruise is my dad's favorite kind of vacation (now we have family members coming along too in four different cabins). We upgraded to a mini suite with large balcony (Getaway) and are having DS 23 in our room as the freebie. All the benefit was really worth for us this time was maybe a $1000 discount. Yes, it's nice to get $1000 off, but it's certainly not a free cruise.

We'll pass on the deal next year.

Penn gaming freebie NCL cruise certificate benefits are way down too. Two years ago, the benefit was for a seven night balcony cruise for two. (Taxes, of course, are extra). I don't know about last year, as we didn't want to cruise (other vacation plans). This year the benefit was just for a seven night cruise for an inside for two and there were more restriction regarding ships and where you can cruise. We decided to go ahead as DS wanted to cruise and a cruise is my dad's favorite kind of vacation (now we have family members coming along too in four different cabins). We upgraded to a mini suite with large balcony (Getaway) and are having DS 23 in our room as the freebie. All the benefit was really worth for us this time was maybe a $1000 discount. Yes, it's nice to get $1000 off, but it's certainly not a free cruise.

We'll pass on the deal next year.

But you made the choice to upgrade. Had you just stuck with the basic inside cabin you would have had a free cruise minus the taxes of course.

One time when hubby brought a new car the company was offering a 3 or 4 day cruise on RCI or Carnival. Of course it was an inside cabin for 2 but they did not tell us that. I didn't expect it to be anything else. Ended up I used it, to cruise with my 2 adult daughters. We did upgrade to an outside and we did have to pay the 3rd person charges which were almost nothing. We still considered it a free cruise.