Dress code on Australia and New Zealand cruises

jimpod

We are planning a ‘big’ holiday to Australia and New Zealand in November/December next year. We have already booked 2 cruises - one to Tasmania from Sydney and one to New Zealand from Melbourne. Can someone advise how dressy formal nights are on these cruises. Our trip will be about 6 weeks long so luggage may be an issue. We normally dress up for formal nights, husband brings a tux. Thanks in advance.

It is exactly the same as it is for anywhere else in the world. I have done plenty of cruises out of Sydney and elsewhere in the world and can assure you the formal nights still exist on Princess and people still get dressed up. The people who do not get dressed up you will find by the pool or buffet.

The dress code is the same worldwide, but you do not need a tux. My husband wears one on formal night, but some men just wear slacks and a long sleeve shirt, with or without a tie. Women can wear black slacks and a sparkly top. These extras (the tie and the sparkly top) would not weigh much.

It is exactly the same as it is for anywhere else in the world. I have done plenty of cruises out of Sydney and elsewhere in the world and can assure you the formal nights still exist on Princess and people still get dressed up. The people who do not get dressed up you will find by the pool or buffet.

Or in the dining room just like any other Princess cruise.