Can I Getaway with no reservations on Getaway?

kayjaypea42

Hi all! I know reservations are recommended, but how feasible are walk-ins for the MDRs and Specialties (specifically Moderno)? I just don't really want to have to chain myself to a restaurant for each night already, especially when I don't know the menus in the MDR. The only meal I feel inclined to book asap is the Illusionarium show as I'd like to see that on Dress Up Night.

(BTW, recent menus from the past sailing or two would be SO appreciated!)

I travel solo on The Getaway all the time and never make reservations in advance the exception being Ocean Blue. I make that reservations on board and usually the day I want to eat there.

The Illusionarium show is no longer on The Getaway. It has been replaced with a different show.

The "Dress Up or Not" evening is usually the 1st full day at sea.

Menus are in the process of being updated restaurant by restaurant.

Enjoy The Getaway. She is my favorite mega ship.

Hi! Thanks for the info! Yeah, the original Illusionarium show would've been pretty awesome, but I'm pumped to see "Cirque Dreams and Steam", the current show playing in the Illusionarium venue. :) Yeah, I was pretty sure you could just go when you wanted, but is there usually a long wait when that's done? BTW, I'll be travelling with two other people, if that makes a difference. TBH, I'm not overly concerned with the MDRs so much as I am about Moderno. I know it's something I want to do one night, but I'm holding it in reserve for a night where the MDR looks less than awesome. Thanks again!

Try the Shanghai Noodle Bar. It is great and a lot of fun, and it is free. You need to go early to get in though, because there is a line up by 5 with opening at 5:30 PM. We sat near the Chef's and it was fun watching them

cook.

Hi all! I know reservations are recommended, but how feasible are walk-ins for the MDRs and Specialties (specifically Moderno)? I just don't really want to have to chain myself to a restaurant for each night already, especially when I don't know the menus in the MDR. The only meal I feel inclined to book asap is the Illusionarium show as I'd like to see that on Dress Up Night.

You can walk in to the MDR at any time. There are three main dining rooms, the Tropicana Room, Taste, and Savor all serving the same menu. No reservations required.

You should be able to walk into Moderno on most nights at most times. There will be visual displays of restaurant availability in the atrium to see when ththe best walk in times are.

Menus from a few weeks ago are on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2666700

You can walk in to the MDR at any time. There are three main dining rooms, the Tropicana Room, Taste, and Savor all serving the same menu. No reservations required.

You should be able to walk into Moderno on most nights at most times. There will be visual displays of restaurant availability in the atrium to see when ththe best walk in times are.

Menus from a few weeks ago are on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2666700

Thanks!! I forgot about the seeing the availability in the atrium! And thank you again so much for sharing your awesome review! I've been trying to plan based on the Dailies you posted, but as you said the menus would be changing, I didn't read them too closely except to pretend that I'm making my meal decisions right then (as I eat leftover pizza...)! Can not wait to go!

I totally agree with everything Bird said, but also keep in mind that you can make as many reservations as you want as long as they don't overlap.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

If you are solo you do not need any reservations. You should not have any problem getting in anything.

Also when the dining on "my Cruise" says no availability (which I dont think it ever does if you enter 1 - its always been the tip when there are no 2s showing to just use it) there is about 33% still left to use on ship through either the tv or just at the desk