Ocean View Balcony Guarantee - Anthem of the seas

Duke Mazer

View from balcony for cabin 6158, indicated by arrow, is good as shown in the shot below. It does overlook Promenade deck 5 which has a hoses reel to the left or aft of that balcony.

[ATTACH]428872[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting that. I had tried to find any photos of this room and I was not having much luck. I was already excited and now even more so! Not a bad balcony at all for the price.

Balcony for cabin 6162 is very obstructed as it has the front portion of a lifeboat and its davit in front as shown in the shot below which was taken from North Star. That balcony is indicated by arrow.

Balcony for cabin 6160, just forward of 6162, has a mostly unobstructed view with the above davit to its left or aft side but isn't an extra large one.

[ATTACH]428781[/ATTACH]

GAH!! I'm in 6162! Boo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone book a Balcony Guarantee room? if yes, what did you get? I guess my end question is do they always get

obstructed view balcony and what is that like on Anthem. It's like $800 less for that Guarantee room sounds to much like a good deal, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We were lucky two times....got Deck 10 aft once and Deck 12 fwd D2 another time. Deck 10 had a connecting door, but the neighbors were like dead.:)

Balcony for cabin 6162 is very obstructed as it has the front portion of a lifeboat and its davit in front as shown in the shot below which was taken from North Star. That balcony is indicated by arrow.

Balcony for cabin 6160, just forward of 6162, has a mostly unobstructed view with the above davit to its left or aft side but isn't an extra large one.

[ATTACH]428781[/ATTACH]

I have stayed in 6160. I loved the convenience of that location. The balcony was pretty much clear except if I closely wanted to stare at that left davit or go all the way over to the railing and look down on some kind of rope/pulley. My only (very) minor grunt was that during that time the sea spray made it impossible to sit on the balcony without getting covered in salt. But the room steward resolved that by bringing us blankets, which were very appreciated on cool, crispy January mornings, especially during the return journey. So, I would book this balcony again, yes!

On our one trip on Anthem, we originally booked a DO cabin about 8 month from sail. About 4 months from sail they started putting GTY balcony cabins out at a significant savings. I jumped. Got assigned a D2 on deck 13 - called and had it changed to one on 12. Then a new GTY came out that was lower still, so I jumped again. Kept doing this for about 2 weeks - each cabin assigned was a lower level, but unobstructed balcony (they also kept getting lower and lower). The final one assigned was a D8 on six forward. If figured the next one would be obstructed so we stayed put in the D8. It was a great cabin - loved it. The GTY pool saved us over $1k on the trip (basically paid the grats and the drink package for a 12 night trip);p. I'd do it again in a heartbeat - but like Kenny Rogers says ' ya gotta know when to fold them, know when to hold them':D

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, shippmates said:

We are doing our sailing on the Anthem for the first time and have cabin 11674 and wondering if anyone know anything about the balcony. Have a great night.

Hi. Did you get any info on that cabin (11674)? Did you sail in it yet? We have it assigned to us but I am considering to move to deck nine, same location, also connecting room as I am worried about sea motion on higher deck.

1 hour ago, olya1972 said:

Hi. Did you get any info on that cabin (11674)? Did you sail in it yet? We have it assigned to us but I am considering to move to deck nine, same location, also connecting room as I am worried about sea motion on higher deck.

No we have not sailed on the Anthem yet.  

We and friends were in connecting cabins 12674 and 12676 on Anthem and the view was very good as shown in the shots below. We had the bottom of the pool deck 14 support columns slightly blocking our view which deck 11 doesn't have.

Cabin 11674, indicated by arrow in second shot, is also a connecting cabin but the double doors are just inside from the entrance so are in the passage way between the bathrooms and are not in the main area of the cabin as shown in the third shot below. Ignore the light standard in the second shot as that was on the cruise pier.

That cabin has the bed beside the balcony.

P1172720.JPG

Anthem11674.jpg

anthemConnectingDoor.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Robtulipe, thank you so much. I am considering to switch two floors down in the same location on deck 9 in case of rough seas. Also, closer to walk up and down without elevator use to coffee shop on Esplanade and such.  Should I? Just throwing this question out there to see what others think.

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

We and friends were in connecting cabins 12674 and 12676 on Anthem and the view was very good as shown in the shots below. We had the bottom of the pool deck 14 support columns slightly blocking our view which deck 11 doesn't have.

Cabin 11674, indicated by arrow in second shot, is also a connecting cabin but the double doors are just inside from the entrance so are in the passage way between the bathrooms and are not in the main area of the cabin as shown in the third shot below. Ignore the light standard in the second shot as that was on the cruise pier.

That cabin has the bed beside the balcony.

P1172720.JPG

Anthem11674.jpg

anthemConnectingDoor.jpg

Edited by olya1972
Spelling

41 minutes ago, olya1972 said:

Robtulipe, thank you so much. I am considering to switch two floors down in the same location on deck 9 in case of rough seas. Also, closer to walk up and down without elevator use to coffee shop on Esplanade and such.  Should I? Just throwing this question out there to see what others think.

Here's the view down and forward from cabin 13688. On deck 9 the view down would be obstructed more by the lifeboats and smoker hut's glass roof.

P4080164.JPG

12 minutes ago, olya1972 said:

Thank you. Cabin on the 9th is 9668 or something similar. Smoking is on port side, though. These rooms are on starboard.

The smoking area or shack on Promenade deck 5 of Quantum class ships is on starboard side. Only the pool deck 14 smoking area is on the port side.

21 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Here's the view down and forward from cabin 13688. On deck 9 the view down would be obstructed more by the lifeboats and smoker hut's glass roof.

P4080164.JPG

Hi, Robtulipe... What did you think of 13688?  Interested if any issues with noises or smells.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, Chicopee said:

Hi, Robtulipe... What did you think of 13688?  Interested if any issues with noises or smells.  Thanks!

We had no issues with either coming from the Windjammer Marketplace which was directly above our cabin. The larger balcony was nice but the angled support columns for the overhanging deck 14 did obstruct the view a bit.

P4120262.JPG

P4110251.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

• 8 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 11:21 PM, Duke Mazer said:

Anyone book a Balcony Guarantee room? if yes, what did you get? I guess my end question is do they always get

obstructed view balcony and what is that like on Anthem. It's like $800 less for that Guarantee room sounds to much like a good deal, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I did a Balcony Guarantee Stateroom for myself and hubby as well as my two children.  It was a good  deal. We are leaving in two weeks and got our assigned cabins about 2 weeks ago, so a month out.  We ended up with two staterooms on deck 9 forward, but closer to mid-ship.  I'm happy with our cabins and would take a chance again. Good luck!!