World Club

babs135

DH and I are both gold tier members and this is shown in the VP for our upcoming trip in December. Flicking through the last Cunarder magazine there was a reminder to confirm our membership but if this is already showing do we need to do anything else?

Neither of us has a My Account. Should we be registering this and if we share the same email address could this cause problems? What, if any, are the benefits of having such an account?

Thanks.

(And yes, I know some people will be thinking why have I waited so long to ask? You're right, should have done it sooner).

How do I re-register?

Since you are from the US, you do not need to re-register. That process exists on the Cunard UK web site (cunard.co.uk) within its World Club page because of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that now applies to the UK. The process to re-register does not exist on the Cunard US web site (cunard.com).

Hi, babs135.

I found this previous post of yours from May 21st on the "World Club Login?" thread which seems to indicate that you do have a "My Account" set up for your email address that is associated with your Cunard World Club number (not your husband's).

Found the email Cunard sent to me and was able to set my preferences, but I can't find one addressed to DH. It would appear that all communication that comes on our joint email is addressed solely to me! Went to My Account which once again is in my name and am reluctant to put DH's details in as it might confuse everyone. DH is convinced that by my replying to Cunard he will be included and therefore needs to do nothing. Is he right?

Since I'm from the US and thus can't actually go through this re-registration process myself, there's not much I can say with any certainty. I definitely can't answer the question if it will be OK for your husband to do nothing further than you've done already.

But based on the "My Account" login pages that I can see on the UK site, my presumption is that your husband would need his own separate email address in order to be able to set up his own separate "My Account" to be associated with his Cunard World Club number. If you can't set up an additional email address for him using your current email provider, there are other options such as creating a "gmail" account for him whose sole purpose would be to assist with situations like this.

Hope this helps some.

Edit: I see from a previous post of yours that your husband does have another email address available that could be used to set up a separate "My Account" for him, so never mind about my suggestions regarding creating a new email address for him for that purpose.

Edited by bluemarble

Hi, babs135.

I found this previous post of yours from May 21st on the "World Club Login?" thread which seems to indicate that you do have a "My Account" set up for your email address that is associated with your Cunard World Club number (not your husband's).

Since I'm from the US and thus can't actually go through this re-registration process myself, there's not much I can say with any certainty. I definitely can't answer the question if it will be OK for your husband to do nothing further than you've done already.

But based on the "My Account" login pages that I can see on the UK site, my presumption is that your husband would need his own separate email address in order to be able to set up his own separate "My Account" to be associated with his Cunard World Club number. If you can't set up an additional email address for him using your current email provider, there are other options such as creating a "gmail" account for him whose sole purpose would be to assist with situations like this.

Hope this helps some.

Oops, completely forgotten this. Thanks John. However could cause some problems because until I check I have a feeling I may have used our joint email account. DH does have another email address but our upcoming voyage is booked using the joint account and DH is the lead. Not sure what, if any, difference that will make. Will check when DH is around.

I definitely need a holiday!!!!

• 2 months later...

The GDPR excuse is just plain nonsense; sounds like Carnival never passes up on a chance to wipe out loyalty accounts off the books.  MSC does it all the time. Being from the US, I sent them an email on December 9, 2018 asking why I can't access World Club anymore, here is the response:

Thank you for your recent email. At the present time, we are upgrading our website and it is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need any assistance, please call our office at 1-800-728-6273.

The GDPR is a new privacy act that was passed just for Europe. I will leave your email open so that you continue to receive our promotional materials.

Sincerely,

Nanci Hammond
Cunard World Club
worldclub@cunard.com
1 800 528 6273

Except that they haven't "wiped out loyalty accounts off the books." You can call and get your status; they just haven't had the ability to review it online (and haven't since long before GDPR went into effect). 

Its been at least 3 years since I could log in (I had a partial cruise in 2015 and it wasn't until my next cruise that I learned how they accounted for that).