MSC said NO to linking shore excursions!!

flseagal

My TA ask MSC if they could link a party of six (three cabins) shore excursions together so we would all be on the same boat and bus. They said they could NOT do that and we needed to check when we got on board!! This is a Christmas cruise and would like to know for sure my family will all be together!! I’ve never heard of such a thing on other cruise ships. We have sailed them all. Has anyone who has sailed MSC had a problem with this?

Having recently sailed on two other cruise lines, it seems to be standard for the instructions on groups wishing to be together on excursions is to be told to make sure the group is together before boarding any transportation (Of course, to do this, all members of the group much purchase the same excursion and time.)

This makes sense as it avoids the problem of seat holding for late comers and delaying the departure of that bus or boat when other on time passengers could be on board and ready to go.

Hopefully, all members of your group are punctual when meeting to go on an excursion.

Doesn't seem like MSC can arrange dining or entertainment reservations pre-cruise either. However, I'm told it's easy to do once on board. Make sure you have the app on your phone already, use a kiosk or guest services, and you can probably have your linkage approved then.

Doesn't seem like MSC can arrange dining or entertainment reservations pre-cruise either. However, I'm told it's easy to do once on board. Make sure you have the app on your phone already, use a kiosk or guest services, and you can probably have your linkage approved then.

Just to clarify: guest services won't/don't deal with excursion issues; you have to go to the excursions' desk.

Dining together is easy to arrange pre-cruise. There is a specific place to enter everyone's information during web check in so you dine together.