Carnival SPIRIT model ship

Debsy62

Hi To all you experienced cruises. I was a 1st time cruiser with my family for my Sons 30th birthday. We boarded the Carnival Spirit on the 10th Sept till the 21st.

At the end of our wonderful adventure I went to purchase a model of the carnival spirit but they had sold out. You would think with 2400 passengers they would have plenty of stock. I have rung the Carnival agency but they have told me if I want one I will have to take another Cruise. I feel really sad, disappointed that they can't sell me one due to the fact it was not my fault they ran out of models. I could prove my booking dates etc but would not assist. Can anyone please help as it was to be a memory of our 1st experience & to commerate my sons 30th. I have searched many web sites but the Carnival Spirit seems to be the hardest to find. I just wanted the smaller model sold on ship for about $55. I have seen a larger scale but it was $375. The model was not even the newly refurbished one.

So if anyone can assist it would be appreciated & I would gladly pay any extra expenses to have it shipped & the purchasing.

There was one on eBay that started bidding at $19 but i bidded until it hit the $130 mark but felt that was extreme seeing it was only $54.98 & I still had to pay shipping. I would have happily paid but not more than 3x the original pricing. I feel Carnival should offer all passengers the opportunity to buy one of the models. If they run out it is their responsibility to assist & accomodate their customers in any way possible. I would have gladly paid the shipping to have it sent here in Adelaide.

Thanks for listening & any assistance that you may offer.

Kindest regards

Debsy62

I never started collecting them until our fourth cruise. I then decided to get the first three. I went to the roll calls of upcoming cruises for each particular ship and ask if anyone would be willing to purchase a model for me if I paid them for the ship, postage costs and would give them some extra for their troubles. I was totally surprised that within a couple of days, all three postings had several people willing to do it. By the end of the month, I had all three models.

In two of the cases, the person bought the model, then told me how much it cost and how much to ship it. Then I sent them the check with $10 extra for their time. The third model, the person sent it to me with the cost inside the box without me paying him first. Needless to say, I immediately sent him a check with the extra $10.

I'm sorry you didn't get your model but carnival can't keep 2500 of every single item so all passengers can have one if they choose. Please stop blaming them, they don't have an obligation to help you with this.

Another poster has given some good advice about the roll call, good luck!

Try eBay.

It would seem the OP has taken this path without success:

" There was one on eBay that started bidding at $19 but i bid until it hit the $130 mark but felt that was extreme seeing it was only $54.98 & I still had to pay shipping. I would have happily paid but not more than 3x the original pricing."

Thank you for your advice but have tried ebay. That was where I tried to buy the Carnival Spirit. Went for Auction & ended up selling for $130. On the ship it sold for $54.98.

I will keep looking. It seems to be the hardest cruise ship to purchase!

Thanks for help though!:D:p:D

Thank you soooooo much everyone for your great advice. I will try roll call & ask!

Yes it is true that Carnival couldn't carry that many models & I am sorry for my agitation about the lack of help. It is true they do a wonderful job of looking after all their passengers & I had an awesome time with my family on the cruise. I was more upset that I didnt collect a ship model first up. But you live & learn.

I will endeavour to try out some of the suggestions you all have given.

Thanks again! A great site, helpful & full of heaps of info. Wish I knew about it before I went on holiday.

Next time!

Have a great week!!!

Cheers

Debsy62 :D

Hi RWolver672

Thanks for keeping in touch. I have gone on to 2 roll calls for Carnival Spirit (Oct 18) & (Oct 26). I have left a message but not sure I have done it correctly . I am still learning to get around this website. I left my email address but have not got a reply as yet. I will send another message maybe with different wording! I think I am a dinasour lol! But great advice & most appreciated.

Not sure but I think 2 people have replied but not sure if I am reading or searching properly. I might take it to my daughter who can look for me lol!

Maybe you can cruise the Spirit Carnival for me lol!!

Will let you know out come.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Debsy. If you don’t have any luck beforehand, we will be sailing on January 20th 2019, we live in Morphett Vale SA and will be happy to grab you one. Cheers, Kylie. You can send me an email with your contact details to Kylie.jorja@gmail.com