Sports deck/ basketball

coloradosmom

Sailing on the Edge March 10th.

Has anyone seen any open sports deck areas? On Solstice ships our tweens played a lot of basketball and the x club would use that area for events like dodgeball.

Im hoping we can find some open space for them to get some energy out!

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the Edge on the Western Med in early June next year and our 14 year old basketball playing son is bummed that there will not be a sport court as he and our friends' son played on the Reflection every day in 2017 and were looking forward to more hoops on the Edge.  When I told him he took it in stride and said that it's okay as there will be so much to do onboard and in Europe.

There is a teen area on Deck 2, the jogging path and then you do have the gym. But I think this ship was designed for those teens with their heads in their smart phones and into gaming.... not the more physically active teens. That is one area where Royal exceeds. Even the S class ships at least have basketball. Oh the pool looks like you can actually do laps... so there is that. Sorry.

I feel like the kids/teens areas on EDGE are an afterthought and sort of like - “oh we need to have something for families” but reality is they are not marketing the ship to families (or active sporty types for that matter). They want that demographic on their Oasis/Freedom/Voyager class vessels on RCCL. I would not be surprised to see the kids/teens areas on Millennium and Solstice class vessels be scaled back and/or the sports courts be put to other uses when those ships get the “revolution” makeovers