Forward Balcony?

TwinkleB13

Hi there: Looking for folks who have sailed in balcony cabins located in the front of the ship. We just decided to move from an interior to a balcony and the only rooms available that weren't directly under Lido were right at the front of the ship. Now I'm kind of nervous. I'm worried about the waves and the wind. So I'm looking for anyone that's sailed in those cabins to tell me how it was. We are on Carnival Victory, Deck 8. Thank you!!

I love forward balconies. The majority of our cruises have been on forward balconies as high as possible, without being on the top level, because most balconies on the top level don’t have anything above them. That can make a big difference with the sun and rain...i.e having a “roof” above your balcony. You definitely feel more motion of the ship in these balcony cabins, but that has never bothered me, so I can’t really give you relevant feedback concerning that issue.

We did a forward facing balcony to Canada in Oct a few years back. It was cold and we went out on the balcony once and decided it was too windy and cold to be enjoyable. Warm weather I think it would be great.

Laura

Our last few B2B on the Magic and Dream, we had Cloud 9 Spa balcony and loved it. We have been on deck 11 and 12, very convenient location, next to the Spa and the Serenity area. The spa cabins are also extremely quiet as there are no kids allowed in the spa area.

We sailed a forward balcony on the Pride, deck 7 in Feb/Mar this year and liked it so much we sailed with the same cabin last month.

It was great to be close to the fitness area and not far from the Guys and Blue Iguana. It wasn't too far down to the theatre and other entertainment either.

We like to feel the ship's motion and there is generally much less vibration forward vs. aft (tried and aft balcony once and didn't care for the vibration). I felt as much movement in Red Frog Pub 5 decks below as I did in the cabin on really rough seas.

Our March return was during a nor'easter, so we weren't able to use the balcony then, but we probably couldn't have used any balcony. I think upper decks were closed too any times we found it too windy to use the balcony, but I probably enjoy the balcony in more varied weather conditions than most - I'll even sit there in the rain as long as I'm not getting wet;)

In September we were able to see lots of "flying" fish and my husband spotted a dolphin:D

We almost always book a forward balcony! Especially on Victory and similar ships. We love the location, never had an issue with the motion and it's usually very quiet! Not a lot of excess foot traffic. There are also the "secret decks" located at the very front of the ship, which have excellent views esp. trying to catch a sunset you may not have a great view of from your balcony.