Suite Question

Salem615

I booked a suite for our upcoming trip and am wondering if I should do Faster to the Fun as well. I know we get priority boarding but are there any other perks? Do we get a priority line for customer service or expedited debarking? The cruise is a short one and there are no tender ports.

Thank you

I was reminded recently that priority boarding is not the same thing as your room being ready when you board. You may get on the ship faster, but you still have to wait until 1:30 (or whenever) like everyone else for the rooms to be ready.

With FTTF your room is ready when you board.

Other than a larger room and balcony, the perks are pretty much priority check-in and embarkation/debarkation, priority dining reservations and priority tender service (though you said there are no tender ports on your sailing). There is no special GS line for suites, just the Platinum/Diamond/FTTF crowd and as mentioned, no early access to your cabin or priority luggage delivery.

We had fttf last cruise and also a suite. One thing I found was that fttf seemed to outweigh the suite perks in Carnival's eyes. We weren't on the list for the priority lounge during embarkation.....I had to show them my boarding pass as they were about to send us to the fttf area. Same thing debarkation.... we were told to wait with the fttf group. Suite guests wait with Diamond and platinum guests and leave before fttf.

If you're paying for a suite, there's little need to pay for FTTF.

That would be nice if a suite included the FTTF perks. Unfortunately a suite doesn't include any perks except priority boarding, tendering and debarkation. None of the other FTTF perks.

We have a family suite and FTTF. It's the early room access and faster luggage delivery that sold me. $90 is a very small % of our total cruise fare for 5 people during peak season and I expect it will help everything go more smoothly (especially since we are CCL newbies).