Obstructed Cabin - Ovation of the Seas

According to the plans:

6118-6158, 6518-6558

Front of ship

Those are not obstructed balconies which are category 1E and 2E and this thread was asking about these.

IMO least obstructed of the obstructed deck 6 E category balconies are cabin 6160 on the port and 6560 on starboard which have a clear view outward and forward and only has lifeboats and their davits to its side or aft view as shown in the shot below of 6160's balcony, indicated by arrow. Also the 2E cabins on deck 7 and 8 have a decent view from the balcony railing but are all the way forward on the ship. Those are shown in the second shot below.

Anthem6160.jpg.da91a0362438142fb7387e480528740d.jpg

1234959452_AnthemDecks78fwd.jpg.58594bf822aeaadbc847678c16e03333.jpg

Also the 2E cabins on deck 7 and 8 have a decent view from the balcony railing but are all the way forward on the ship. Those are shown in the second shot below.

Might be true on 8, but deck 7 has a lot of 2E cabins, the whole length of the ship.

• Like 1

Great info here on this thread so far... thx to those offering help.

I just upgraded to 1E 7606 and can't for the life of me figure out what the obstruction is.... if any. I don't think there is.

The cabin is located smack dab in the middle/overlooking of a lifeboat rather than having the davits stick up.

I emailed Merion_Mom knowing she's an Anthem expert and she has no clue how deck 7's can be obstructed either (other than those cabins with the davits sticking up a bit)

Here's a couple of diagrams which may help anyone that I sourced from some older threads here on CC

Deck%205%20and%206%20Chart%201000_zpsqdpmurrg.jpg

75% deck 6 obstructions (davit locations)

5abd3642-2747-44c3-9ad5-f2a75c21046b_zpsnxhommma.jpg

• Like 1

Might be true on 8, but deck 7 has a lot of 2E cabins, the whole length of the ship.

The deck plan for Ovation I saw on the RC websites shows the E balconies are only at the front of deck 7. Those cabins further back on deck 7 with a obstructed view symbol are less obstructed category D balcony cabins.

The deck plans I saw on the RC websites shows the E balconies are only at the front of deck 7. Those cabins further back on deck 7 with a obstructed view symbol are less obstructed category D balcony cabins.

As per the OP's original post, check Ovation specifically (Anthem and Quantum are different... I have no clue why?)

The deck plan for Ovation I saw on the RC websites shows the E balconies are only at the front of deck 7. Those cabins further back on deck 7 with a obstructed view symbol are less obstructed category D balcony cabins.

They may have been D cabins (mostly D4 I think) on some older deck diagram, but are really E2s. The scanner site shows them in different colors (as if different category), but when you look for E2 inventory, they all come up - as mentioned, the obstruction is very minimal and subjective.

Great info here on this thread so far... thx to those offering help.

I just upgraded to 1E 7606 and can't for the life of me figure out what the obstruction is.... if any. I don't think there is.

The cabin is located smack dab in the middle/overlooking of a lifeboat rather than having the davits stick up.

I emailed Merion_Mom knowing she's an Anthem expert and she has no clue how deck 7's can be obstructed either (other than those cabins with the davits sticking up a bit)

Here's a couple of diagrams which may help anyone that I sourced from some older threads here on CC

Deck%205%20and%206%20Chart%201000_zpsqdpmurrg.jpg

75% deck 6 obstructions (davit locations)

5abd3642-2747-44c3-9ad5-f2a75c21046b_zpsnxhommma.jpg

Be aware that the second diagram showing the lifeboat/tender davit locations is for the Quantum of the Seas only which appears to have some smaller boats in the forward port and starboard sections so there the side by side davits are further apart.

Below is a diagram I did showing the later Quantum class ships, Anthem and Ovation.

1717042741_AnthemDavits(1000x272)(640x174).jpg.b37b0a74e86cad469a1d21c4649f3699.jpg

• Like 1

Robtulipe... that was your diagram? Thank you!

I did not save it but that was the one I used to make my decision as it's clearer than the two I posted :D

Anyhow, 7606 is 12 balconies from the hump starboard side.... in the middle of two davits so I feel zero obstruction unless looking straight down. It's definitely an 1E. For example, do a mock booking on any TA site for May 13, 2019 Ovation (my sailing) and you'll see a ton of deck 7 1E and 2E cabins along the entire side of the ship front to back.

Arrow in shot below shows balcony for cabin 7606 on Anthem and the obstruction appears to be the top of the lifeboat in front of cabin's 6606 balcony below it.

Yep...and pretty much the same view as the cabins right above me for about $500 less. :D

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 3:41 PM, robtulipe said:

Be aware that the second diagram showing the lifeboat/tender davit locations is for the Quantum of the Seas only which appears to have some smaller boats in the forward port and starboard sections so there the side by side davits are further apart.

Below is a diagram I did showing the later Quantum class ships, Anthem and Ovation.

1717042741_AnthemDavits(1000x272)(640x174).jpg.b37b0a74e86cad469a1d21c4649f3699.jpg

Thanks for this diagram, you're the best!

So it's safe to say that for Ovation, 7580 (assuming above 6580) would be davit free?

20 hours ago, cot427 said:

Thanks for this diagram, you're the best!

So it's safe to say that for Ovation, 7580 (assuming above 6580) would be davit free?

Yes it should be davit free directly in front.

Edited by robtulipe

18 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Anyone have a perspective on 7262, it is also classified as 2E which is supposed to be obstructed. We will be in that cabin next year 

I think everything on deck 7 at one point was classified as Dx unobstructed (there's nothing straight out blocking view) but they changed some to 2E where there's a bit more of an obstruction looking down.

19 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Anyone have a perspective on 7262, it is also classified as 2E which is supposed to be obstructed. We will be in that cabin next year 

Cabin 7262 balcony overlooks the glass roof of the outside eating area of Jamie's Italian specialty restaurant, which is two decks below, so isn't too obstructed as show in the shot below. Arrow indicates where that cabin is.

Anthem7262.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

17 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Thanks for the info, because our cabin is  "obstructed" we are only paying $1,930 for a 10 day Hawaii cruise. Works for me. 👍

Nice! I booked the same sailing as you on Ovation, but got it for $2,200 with my D+ discount. I chose deck 7, starboard midship. Should be davit free directly in front but the sides will obviously be obstructed a bit.