Transfer to Ship

Turk1

We have made our own Hotel reservations at one of the Hotels that Princess books. We will get to the Hotel from the Airport on our own. Is it then possible to book a Princess transfer from the Hotel to the Ship even though we did not book the Hotel through Princess?

We have made our own Hotel reservations at one of the Hotels that Princess books. We will get to the Hotel from the Airport on our own. Is it then possible to book a Princess transfer from the Hotel to the Ship even though we did not book the Hotel through Princess?

You may be able to talk with the Princess rep at the hotel to be added to the shuttle.

We have done this in the past........

I doubt you can book it through Princess as its part of the hotel package.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

What city? Many people on these boards have worldwide experience and suggestions that can be better than the Princess Transfer route.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking also. Not a big deal to take our bags down to a cab and that way we can head over when we're ready.

We don't have experience in Sydney trying to get the Princess rep to allow us to purchase a transfer. We have successfully done it in LA, but have been unsuccessful other times. I strongly suspect it depends upon whether they have space available and the particular rep. We have also had a rep offer to put our luggage on the "truck" but tell us we needed to make our own way to the pier. We took her up on that one.

But, I agree with your conclusion. As time has gone by, and our experience has increased, we prefer the convenience of taking a car service or cab to the pier, on our own time and not dealing with the "coach" situation. If it is a long trip from hotel to pier, such as Heathrow to Southampton, we have alternatively, taken the hotel shuttle back to the airport, having booked a Princess transfer from the airport to the pier, and found the rep in baggage claim.

Sydney is a close by situation, we will be staying there overnight to catch the Golden in April, and will simply cab it from our hotel to the pier. Given how close we are staying to the pier, we could walk, but not with the luggage, just not happening - 77 days of travel - and I pack like a true Princess. lol.