Question about passport for three year old

Hello All,

I am turning to my Cruise Critic family with a question that may or may not have come up in the past. We (family) are traveling in February. My granddaughter will just be three. We are on the Anthem again. That being said, here’s my problem. Money for my daughter is an issue. She has primary physical custody of her kids. The sperm donor will not sign the papers for the little ones passport. Will her birth certificate and a copy of the judges decree of divorce and custody be all the documentation my daughter will need to cruise? This is a closed loop cruise. Thanks for any help you can afford me.

Hello All,

I am turning to my Cruise Critic family with a question that may or may not have come up in the past. We (family) are traveling in February. My granddaughter will just be three. We are on the Anthem again. That being said, here’s my problem. Money for my daughter is an issue. She has primary physical custody of her kids. The sperm donor will not sign the papers for the little ones passport. Will her birth certificate and a copy of the judges decree of divorce and custody be all the documentation my daughter will need to cruise? This is a closed loop cruise. Thanks for any help you can afford me.

You should be fine, but I would call the cruise line to confirm.

Hello All,

Birth certificate is acceptable for most closed loop cruises to the Caribbean. Make sure it is a government issued certificate and not a hospital certificate (the one with the babies footprint sometimes)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Technically the require a notarized letter from the other parent or the other parent's death certificate but usually it isn't asked for. Call Royal Caribbean and then get their answer in writing. Immigration not RCCL is the one in control of this. Airlines also have the same policy.

My sons father is not on the BC but I gave him his last name. So I’m able to get a passport for him without ‘permission’ from the other parent.

We’ve been on 20 cruises, since our last names are different on the passports, I’ve only been asked to see his BC twice. It doesn’t bother me, I appreciate them checking! I could just show them the BC but I like having the passport as well.