Trundle bed for inside cabin on Elation

mek

Does anyone know if there is enough space to put a trundle bed in one of these cabins. We have a family trip planned for 2020 and there will be two adults and a 5 year old in one of the cabins. Both men, my son and grandson might be pushing the weight limit for the upper bunk and I'm not sure we will be comfortable putting the 5 year old up there.

If a trundle bed fits, that would probably be the best solution.

Does anyone know if there is enough space to put a trundle bed in one of these cabins. We have a family trip planned for 2020 and there will be two adults and a 5 year old in one of the cabins. Both men, my son and grandson might be pushing the weight limit for the upper bunk and I'm not sure we will be comfortable putting the 5 year old up there.

If a trundle bed fits, that would probably be the best solution.

Just take the mattress from the top bunk and put it on the floor at bedtime.

OK Mek, enlighten me. When I googled trundle bed, they look like full size beds. How would you get it on the ship?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Twin-Metal-Trundle-Bed-Silver/54593021

Trundles/rollaways are furnished by Carnival. Whether they would give one when there are already enough beds in the cabin is another question. This is what you do in an inside/OV cabin on Fantasy class when you have a trundle/rollaway. In this picture, it is a rollaway:

First, you modify the position of the twin beds:

enhance

enhance

Then the rollaway/trundle/mattress will fit on the wall by the desk

enhance

This is what an inside quad looks like with one bunk down

enhance

Unless the teens weigh 300 lbs, they would be fine in the bunk. And the 5 y/o will probably love it. EM

Do a search using quint, quad, or trundle. There’s a picture with four beds and a trundle. IIRC the trundle is under the window and each bunk has a twin underneath it.

FWIW the OV and IS cabins are identical. IS cabins have a faux window complete with a drape.

Trundles/rollaways are furnished by Carnival. Whether they would give one when there are already enough beds in the cabin is another question. This is what you do in an inside/OV cabin on Fantasy class when you have a trundle/rollaway. In this picture, it is a rollaway:

First, you modify the position of the twin beds:

enhance

enhance

Then the rollaway/trundle/mattress will fit on the wall by the desk

enhance

This is what an inside quad looks like with one bunk down

enhance

Unless the teens weigh 300 lbs, they would be fine in the bunk. And the 5 y/o will probably love it. EM

No, they don't weigh that much. LOL. The guys are adults - my son, grandson and the 5 year old is my great grandson. Thanks for the photos - I would love to have the rollaway - that would be perfect but do understand it might not be available to us.