Splitting Internet Minutes

gvre

We will be on the Sapphire on Tuesday headed for the Canary Islands.

I had to buy 600 minutes for the internet to keep in touch with my office.

Can I split these with my wife so we can both use the internet at the same time from different computers?

One device (on your internet account) can be connected at a time. Whether it’s you or your wife at the keyboard makes no difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe the internet guy can split them when on board?

You bought a package for one device. You can use several devices but only one at a time. When you are done you need to log out and then your wife can log in on the same or a different device using the same username and password you set up. Or, you can cancel your order and order two smaller packages of minutes which you could use simultaneously.

Maybe the internet guy can split them when on board?

Doesn’t work that way in my experience. You purchase a package of internet minutes and you receive one package. How you use the minutes is up to you but it’s one device at a time against your account (you’ll have an ID and password pretty much like everything else you sign into these days).

Doesn’t work that way in my experience. You purchase a package of internet minutes and you receive one package. How you use the minutes is up to you but it’s one device at a time against your account (you’ll have an ID and password pretty much like everything else you sign into these days).

Thanks for all the replies.

When I get on board I will see if I can get them to split my 680 minutes and if it works I will let you know.

Is there a reason you both need to be on at the same time? You can use one account for the both of you. You just can't be signed on at the same time.

I had one account I could sign on with my cell/ipad/computer NOT at the same time. I went through Princess at sea account. They may have streamlined the procedure and your wife may need to use your devices.

I had a cabin mate with her own account. She could sign in with her own device.

Doubt they will split the minutes. More likely they will recommend that you buy 2 different plans.

The reason OP wants one package is for the value--the bigger package you purchase the cheaper per minute. As others have said, you and your wife are welcome to share the package but it is limited to one device at a time. It won't hurt to ask the IT person; you might get a cooperative individual!

The reason OP wants one package is for the value--the bigger package you purchase the cheaper per minute. As others have said' date=' you and your wife are welcome to share the package but it is limited to one device at a time. It won't hurt to ask the IT person; you might get a cooperative individual![/quote']

My wife also has to work so if we could split them we could both work at the same time during the 5 at sea days.

Will figure it out on the ship and will report back if there is some major revelation.

Princess is very money savvy.

They will say if they split your 680minutes in half that would mean getting 340min for the price that everyone else pays for 240min and that the minutes bought were for a single connection at any one time and if you need two at the same time you should have bought two.

Once you are onboard you don't get any bonus minutes, so easiest thing to do is cancel your 680minutes and buy two so they can be split and you still get some bonus minutes for ordering in advance.

My wife also has to work so if we could split them we could both work at the same time during the 5 at sea days.

Will figure it out on the ship and will report back if there is some major revelation.

Take a look at that connectify link that Lotte1956 - posted. Makes a PC a hotspot to share the ship's wifi link.