New to Royal, going on Rhapsody

been on 9 carnival cruises, but have our first Royal cruise booked for Feb. because my cousin was already booked. What differences is there? any tips/tricks I should know. Anything specifically about Rhapsody? Must eat foods? I'm seeing yes and no about freestyle machines on the Rhapsody, anyone recently off that can tell me for sure. Room service, I see there's a charge of $7.95, so if I just have morning coffee delivered it's $7.95?

Looking forward to our first one with Royal. Thanks

Rhapsody is a nice ship, sailed on her this past February. I've sailed many Carnival cruises before I became more exclusive with Royal Caribbean. My preference is now Royal Caribbean. Though I'm now more exclusive with Royal Caribbean I still try to keep up with the going ons with Carnival. One day the time will come and I'll sail one of their newer ships.

83CAF4EF-EC95-4C5F-A2CD-1455D8CF2DF4_zpszxtihaip.jpg

B4CE3452-A8CB-4726-BB61-F472C2067039_zpsqjz0ett0.jpg

23657FE9-DE15-4B4F-8E82-875AFA506BBC_zpsbflbpzzu.jpg

E14325CB-64E3-4790-99B0-AD90CBCEC11A_zpsqqwlb0j8.jpg

FA74CDDE-509F-452D-BA09-14CCDBC3E852_zpsyhrafg4w.jpg

There are some things that Carnival and Royal Caribbean are alike on the smaller ships and some things are completely different. On many of the Royal Caribbean ships they will feel more nautical. Knowing what ships you sailed on with Carnival will give us a better idea on what some of the differences may be for you on Rhapsody.

There's a secret staircase from Deck 8 starboard aft (around Junior Suite 8584) up to the lobby of the spa, which means VERY easy access to the solarium. But that's about as sneaky a thing I can think of.

Rhapsody is a nice ship, sailed on her this past February. I've sailed many Carnival cruises before I became more exclusive with Royal Caribbean. My preference is now Royal Caribbean. Though I'm now more exclusive with Royal Caribbean I still try to keep up with the going ons with Carnival. One day the time will come and I'll sail one of their newer ships.

There are some things that Carnival and Royal Caribbean are alike on the smaller ships and some things are completely different. On many of the Royal Caribbean ships they will feel more nautical. Knowing what ships you sailed on with Carnival will give us a better idea on what some of the differences may be for you on Rhapsody.

Thanks & thx for the pics. First thing I noticed when my cousin told me which ship was that it was smaller and older, but that's ok. SHips I've sailed are in my signature, Mostly the Liberty when it's at my homeport of Canaveral ( I'm 25 mins away) lol

There's a secret staircase from Deck 8 starboard aft (around Junior Suite 8584) up to the lobby of the spa, which means VERY easy access to the solarium. But that's about as sneaky a thing I can think of.

Ok thanks. Still learning names on RCCL like solarium lol. Is there a bunch of shops for shopping on board?

Ok thanks. Still learning names on RCCL like solarium lol. Is there a bunch of shops for shopping on board?

Yes

8ca51c59ad6a768dbda2f575eed50aff.jpg

20f56ad309335e7bdb7f7fd785391d33.jpg

99c8e186f81d1806783d5a5e010a6354.jpg

And, to be more specific, there are three soda machines. Two in the Windjammer, as you walk in each side, and one on the 6th floor, near Lattetudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room service, I see there's a charge of $7.95, so if I just have morning coffee delivered it's $7.95?

Room service is complimentary for continental breakfast including coffee. RCI introduced the $7.95 fee to cut costs on late night food orders by passengers that ultimately leave uneaten and food is wasted.