Celebrity Solice, Alaska many questions

sydney777

Hi, Sailing from Seattle June 7, solice celebrity.

Aqua class gets Blu ....I saw some downloads of menu's. Do you have to pay for orange juice, lemonade or coffee in the place when you eat. It actually has smoothie on it but I know there has to be a charge. Nothing is free right? Please if you know answer it will help me stop arguing with my husband.

If I want continental breakfast in the morning is there still a 7.95 room charge? Do you have to pay the extra 18% also?

If we want to use the thermal spa which is included in the Aqua class do you wear your bathing suit and cover up to spa then change to the robe that they give you in the room? My husband says he's wearing it out the room which will be from Deck 11 to Deck 4? I never seen people walking around in the white robe on other cruises. Any suggestions on this. I know I sound crazy to worry about this stuff but it's all new to me and this ship. Thank you all

hi, sailing from seattle june 7, solice celebrity.

Aqua class gets blu ....i saw some downloads of menu's. Do you have to pay for orange juice, lemonade or coffee in the place when you eat. It actually has smoothie on it but i know there has to be a charge. Nothing is free right? Please if you know answer it will help me stop arguing with my husband. there is no charge in blu for the drinks you mentioned, including the smoothies.

if i want continental breakfast in the morning is there still a 7.95 room charge? Do you have to pay the extra 18% also? there is no charge for room service except for very late at night. A tip is welcome but not required.

if we want to use the thermal spa which is included in the aqua class do you wear your bathing suit and cover up to spa then change to the robe that they give you in the room? My husband says he's wearing it out the room which will be from deck 11 to deck 4? I never seen people walking around in the white robe on other cruises. Any suggestions on this. I know i sound crazy to worry about this stuff but it's all new to me and this ship. i am not sure about this one, other than to say that i don't see people walking around in their robes (and to that i say thank goodness:)). We don't use it often but when we do, we wear our bathing suits and coverups into the spa area. thank you all

xxx

I changed my clothes in the men's locker room. Yes I have seen men and woman wearing their bathrobe on cruises. Not very often, I just smile. Yes bathrobes are meant for in cabin use. If you wonder the ship the 1st day go to the spa area and ask or check out the changing rooms. I remember a dry sauna in the men's changing room with showers and the wet sauna and thermal spa being coed.

I sailed on the Solstice Aqua Class last month. Re your question about Blu breakfast - there was no additional charge for anything on the menu aside from alcohol beverages. The smoothies came in small glasses (about 8 oz).

There are robes and sandals in the lockers in the Men's & Women's locker rooms. To gain access to the Thermal Suite you need to check-in at the spa desk and exchange your SeaPass card for a special spa card that will give you access to the Thermal Suite area. The lockers rooms are available to all passengers (although very few seem to use the area).

You do wear your swimsuit as you recline on the heated ceramic lounge chaise. There are towels available in the thermal suite, and you can hang up your robe on hooks by your chaise. On Solstice there were 8 chaises available. There are signs suggesting limiting your usage to no more than 30 minutes. Due to their warmth, I found that 30 minutes was spot on. There are two saunas in this area as well - an aroma therapy sauna, and regular one. Both are coed. There also is two 'rain forest ' showers adjacent to the saunas. There are also single sex saunas in the men's & women's locker rooms.

As another CC member suggested, you and your spouse should take a tour on embarkation day.