Platinum free 30min internet: Does it carry over in back to back cruises?

fstuff1

Might be difficult to find someone who actually had those 30 minutes left 🙂

On my B2Bs I did not have to re-register my internet account each time, I just went to the internet desk each "embarkation" day and asked them to add the 30 minutes again.

I'm sure that if you ask them at the desk they'll let you carry if forward. They've got plenty of leeway for that.

7 minutes ago, Prinz said:

Might be difficult to find someone who actually had those 30 minutes left 🙂

On my B2Bs I did not have to re-register my internet account each time, I just went to the internet desk each "embarkation" day and asked them to add the 30 minutes again.

I'm sure that if you ask them at the desk they'll let you carry if forward. They've got plenty of leeway for that.

what do you mean re-register the acct?

you have the pay the one time $3.95 registration fee each cruise??? 

We just completed a b2b on the Getaway. Since your account remains open for the two cruises, virtually everything carries over. The issues we had revolved around changing rooms. The system did not recognize the cabin change and as a result we had to get our carry over minutes reset. We also had some problems with OBC being credited to our account for the second cruise. My TA and Shareholder Benefit OBC didn’t appear in our account until  the fifth day of the cruise. Finally got everything straightened out,  but it was unnerving not knowing your true account balance for those five days.

26 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

what do you mean re-register the acct?

you have the pay the one time $3.95 registration fee each cruise??? 

No.

I said you do NOT have to re-register the account.

It stays open, you don't have to activate your internet again. You don't have to pay off your balance every time etc.

All the other stuff carries over, so the free internet minutes probably do as well.

7 minutes ago, Prinz said:

No.

I said you do NOT have to re-register the account.

It stays open, you don't have to activate your internet again. You don't have to pay off your balance every time etc.

All the other stuff carries over, so the free internet minutes probably do as well.

sorry, i meant for future cruises, not current b2b.

you have to pay the one time $3.95 fee EVERY cruise for your 'free' 30 internet min?

5 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

sorry, i meant for future cruises, not current b2b.

you have to pay the one time $3.95 fee EVERY cruise for your 'free' 30 internet min?

The free minutes do not require an activation fee.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/how-do-i-receive-my-free-internet-minutes

I could see if I can find my bill from last year's back to backs and see if they actually didn't charge it 🙂 But at least they're not supposed to.

• Thanks 1

On our 3 recent NCL sailings, we paid zero for the "free" 250 minutes and/or 30 minutes activation on 2 different ships, nothing charged for (self) activation - and that's for both DW and mine in the same stateroom.  Don't worry - if there's a problem, just don't wait till the night before disembarkation to speak to the iCafe manager on duty, check your balance posted daily @ the stateroom's interactive TV message screen ... scroll with the remote control, update nightly with any adjustments & errors. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from a back to back. We ultimately had leftover minutes from week 1 transfer to week 2 but it took several daily visits to a very frustrating Guest Services desk to have this happen “automatically”, along with week 1 balance due and most frustrating the week 2 onboard credits due. Basically...just don’t take no for an answer. You will eventually get it but it might take a few visits and escalation. If Guest Services performance was 25% as good as other staff on ship it would be quite an improvement!

We have never had to pay the activation fee for any free OBC minutes.  We have had minutes carried over on NCL but I believe that you have to use up on Princess or lose them.

If you have a problem speak, very nicely, with the Computer Manager.  He is able to work wonders!!!  Even when you have forgotten to log off!!!!!!