Coco Cay cabanas

maryjaden

I am cruising to Coco Cay in March.  I know most of the upgrades won't be complete by then.  Is there a suite area beach? If so are you able to rent cabanas there? Are these the same cabanas that are in the cruise planner as "Ocean View deluxe cabana" or do I need to go through the Suite concierge to reserve these (similar to Barefoot beach in Labadee)?

22 minutes ago, maryjaden said:

I am cruising to Coco Cay in March.  I know most of the upgrades won't be complete by then.  Is there a suite area beach? If so are you able to rent cabanas there? Are these the same cabanas that are in the cruise planner as "Ocean View deluxe cabana" or do I need to go through the Suite concierge to reserve these (similar to Barefoot beach in Labadee)?

There is a suite beach area.  I don't know if you can rent cabanas there, I would assume it would be possible if there are any left.  We went through the Suite Concierge.

There is not a suite beach on CocoCay.

Full suites guests get invited to the upgraded buffet in the Cabana area, the same buffet as the Cabana guests.

If you want a Cabana you need to book it, most times early, as they do fill up.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

There is not a suite beach on CocoCay.

Full suites guests get invited to the upgraded buffet in the Cabana area, the same buffet as the Cabana guests.

If you want a Cabana you need to book it, most times early, as they do fill up.

There was a suite area at Coco Cay when we were there this past July.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There was a suite area at Coco Cay when we were there this past July.

That's good to know. I hope to get a cabana through the concierge on Anthem. I have emailed a couple of times but so far I am hearing crickets!

We sail next Saturday; fingers crossed.

Agreed, that is interesting as we knew a couple in an OS who did use the area before and after the buffet opened.

The loungers in front of the buffet would be useless if not for suite guests as the folk in the Cabanas were not going to utilize those.

we all know rules and policies change frequently, so I can only base the facts on our experience 2 weeks ago😎

Edited by PompeySailor

I'm so glad you posted:)  I was looking for this answer too.  Hoping being in a suite we can also snag a cabana on our trip.  Online is showing as sold out. Love the pictures. Which cabanas would be the best ones?

47 minutes ago, e050377 said:
4 minutes ago, GW248 said:

Does anyone know what they have been charging for cabanas lately?  I believe it may vary, but just looking for a ballpark.  We will be on Anthem 11/17/18 sailing.

We paid $262.00 online as soon as they became available for our sailing, there was a promo if I recall was 30% off. When we signed in and got our wristbands, I noticed prices listed at $399.00😱

On 10/18/2018 at 4:14 PM, e050377 said:

I'm so glad you posted:)  I was looking for this answer too.  Hoping being in a suite we can also snag a cabana on our trip.  Online is showing as sold out. Love the pictures. Which cabanas would be the best ones?

We received the email from the concierge on Anthem last Saturday, requested a cabana and was confirmed. We sail this Saturday so life is good! 😊

• Like 1

Refresh my Coco Cay memory b/c I'm pretty sure I read about this before.  I know you don't have be be in a suite to book a bungalow on coco.

Do they have two sets of Cabanas to rent; one set in suite area which can only be reserved by suite guests, and another set of Cabanas available to anyone to book online?

I thought non suite pax could book some sort of Cabana on Coco Cay so maybe there are suite cabanas and 'avail to all' cabanas?

On 10/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, PompeySailor said:

This will help you select the best Cabana

We chose ours via concierge a week before our sail date

8 to 14 have loungers in shade, 1 to 7 have loungers to the side

F62D5D50-F7C9-4E03-9DAF-455842E98790.jpeg

I think that's a helpful image, especially now that I get which way things face.  Is there something similar for the bungalows?