"View First Unread" in a Thread

I think that what the OP is asking is this: in the old forum, next to the member name of the last person to post a comment, there was a little caret (down facing arrow head) that you could click on and it would take you immediately to that last post. That doesn't appear to be available in this new format.

• Like 1

My question exactly! I've asked it already, but I got a non-response telling me how to FIND my threads, and the thread was closed.

I have been able to find the threads I posted in, but what I want to know is: how can I find out what the latest posts are since I was last in the thread? Or do I have to read through it to try to *remember* where I left off? 

45 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I think that what the OP is asking is this: in the old forum, next to the member name of the last person to post a comment, there was a little caret (down facing arrow head) that you could click on and it would take you immediately to that last post. That doesn't appear to be available in this new format.

@SciFiGuy1960 had the right answer.  The blue dot (or star if you've participated) to the left of the thread name will jump you to the first unread (note: it never took you to the last post, at least that I remember, but the first post you haven't read).

ETA:  I do not see a choice once you are IN a thread to jump to the first unread, but only on the thread listing itself.  Maybe that's something TPTB can turn on.

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

12 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

@SciFiGuy1960 had the right answer.  The blue dot (or star if you've participated) to the left of the thread name will jump you to the first unread (note: it never took you to the last post, at least that I remember, but the first post you haven't read).

ETA:  I do not see a choice once you are IN a thread to jump to the first unread, but only on the thread listing itself.  Maybe that's something TPTB can turn on.

I think we're talking two different things and perhaps I got this a bit off the OP's topic, my apologies. True, the blue dot/star will take you to the first "unread" post but if you want to jump into the thread directly to the very last post, that option was available in the old forum but now appears to be gone. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

My question exactly! I've asked it already, but I got a non-response telling me how to FIND my threads, and the thread was closed.

I have been able to find the threads I posted in, but what I want to know is: how can I find out what the latest posts are since I was last in the thread? Or do I have to read through it to try to *remember* where I left off? 

I believe that if you click/touch the time of the last post, under the last poster's member name, it will take you to the last post. For example, under CruisinNole it (hopefully) will say Just Now or 10 minutes ago. Click or touch that.

2 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I believe that if you click/touch the time of the last post, under the last poster's member name, it will take you to the last post. For example, under CruisinNole it (hopefully) will say Just Now or 10 minutes ago. Click or touch that.

That's it! Thanks!

3 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

This is correct.  You can click the member name that last posted  or the time of post on the right and be brought right to the last post

19 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I'm having pretty good success using the new Activity Stream feature.  One question...my Activity Stream is showing individual posts, how do I get it to show message threads instead?

Hm, not sure that is an option at the moment.  You can see your followed content by thread if you look at it in the "Manage Followed Content" Screen (click your user name at the top of the forum to find that on the menu)

I want to go to the last unread post in my specific roll call.  There is no star that I can see.   So do I now have to manually go to the last page and find the last post I remember reading?

Edited by hpeabody

9 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I want to go to the last unread post in my specific roll call.  There is no star that I can see.   So do I now have to manually go to the last page and find the last post I remember reading?

In the list of threads, just to the left of the thread name is either circle (if you haven't posted in that thread) or a star (if you have posted in that thread.  Click on the circle/star and it should take you to the first unread post. 

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

In the list of threads, just to the left of the thread name is either circle (if you haven't posted in that thread) or a star (if you have posted in that thread.  Click on the circle/star and it should take you to the first unread post. 

I just do not see any circle or a star, even in threads like this one where I have posted.  

1 hour ago, CruisinNole said:

That takes you to the last post. How about the first unread post?

I know about the dot (or star) next to the thread title, but that's only useful from the thread list (and the image is smaller and harder to hit than the thread title). What about when you've arrived in the thread and you want to jump to the first unread post?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I just do not see any circle or a star, even in threads like this one where I have posted.  

There are settings in your Account Settings to automatically follow threads you post in and threads you've created. Elsewhere there are filters to show you threads you're following that have new, unread posts. It's just all in places that are still unfamiliar to all of us.

54 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I don't believe you can jump to first unread once you are in the thread.  It's currently available in the thread listing. 

2 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I'm having pretty good success using the new Activity Stream feature.  One question...my Activity Stream is showing individual posts, how do I get it to show message threads instead?

You can create your own stream with just about any option you can want.

OR

You can just select Unread Content (I changed mine to read My Unread Content) on the right. Then select topic from Content Types on the ribbon bar.

Capture.thumb.JPG.47e7a9f0db421e272a54bda2809ca621.JPG

Edited by drpack

So far I'm liking the Activity Stream feature.  I follow four cruise lines and it was easy to see those four and only those four in my newly created Activity Stream.  The problem is Activity Stream lists individual posts.  I'd prefer a way to have it list message threads instead.

The Unread Content doesn't honor my Activity Stream.  Instead it shows me unread content across all the forums -- again as individual posts.  My preference would be to see unread content on the four cruise lines defined in my Activity Stream, and to see lists of the threads...not individual posts.

• Like 1

If I click on your username I see all your posts since the new board rolled out at the bottom of the page.

I think there's another way but it escapes me at the moment. The screen layout is a little different on my phone vs my tablet which steepens the learning curve.

Edit: Another method - go to My Activity Streams and click Create New Stream. You can request all content from a given user. Currently for you I only see the same posts as clicking on your name (the rest of the board is still being indexed, maybe), but this method results in a new Activity Stream that I can use later (I have no idea how to get rid of my new Paul from Maryland activity stream, though).

Edited by Underwatr