Move Up Offer - Do Perks Stay?

Fla Mike

Just received the move up offer for our November Infinity cruise, and just for fun I'd thought I'd put in a minimum bid on a suite. We are already in a C3.

In all the threads about the move up offer, I never saw anything about keeping the perks you received when booking, for example the complimentary beverage package.

So that is my question, do your perks carry over? How about suite perks? I remember reading that they are NOT applicable.

thanks

Make sure to check your confirmation paperwork/email.

We discovered that our perks had been removed after the move up. A quick call to the Captain's Club phone line rectified the situation, a seemingly honest mistake on their part. Still, we preferred correcting this in advance of the cruise instead of on board the ship with precious vacation time wasting away at the Guest Relations desk.

2 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Just received the move up offer for our November Infinity cruise, and just for fun I'd thought I'd put in a minimum bid on a suite. We are already in a C3.

In all the threads about the move up offer, I never saw anything about keeping the perks you received when booking, for example the complimentary beverage package.

So that is my question, do your perks carry over? How about suite perks? I remember reading that they are NOT applicable.

thanks

Perks that you already have (like complementary beverage packages) stay.    You do get charged for gratuities based on the upgraded room but you receive Captain's Club points based on the room originally booked.  

My Move-Up bid for a Sky Suite for my wife and my 10/28 cruise was accepted so, once we board that cruise, we will be able to report on whether the upgrade includes admission to Michael's Club and Luminae.  However, I am expecting that it does since the invitation to bid included a list of perks and Michael's Club and Luminae were on that list.  

The following text was part of the offer email:

Upgrade to Sky Suite
Take your Celebrity vacation to new heights in a Sky Suite. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of a personal butler throughout your stay. Plus enjoy a private restaurant and exclusive lounge reserved just for suite guests.
Bathroom with full tub/shower
Private, spacious veranda
Access to private restaurant, Luminae, and exclusive lounge
Personal butler throughout your cruise
All other suite class services and amenities
Size: 251 sq. ft. plus 57 sq. ft. veranda
Sleeps up to 3

Edited by actuarian

14 hours ago, actuarian said:

Perks that you already have (like complementary beverage packages) stay.    You do get charged for gratuities based on the upgraded room but you receive Captain's Club points based on the room originally booked.  

My Move-Up bid for a Sky Suite for my wife and my 10/28 cruise was accepted so, once we board that cruise, we will be able to report on whether the upgrade includes admission to Michael's Club and Luminae.  However, I am expecting that it does since the invitation to bid included a list of perks and Michael's Club and Luminae were on that list.  

Upgrade to Sky Suite
Take your Celebrity vacation to new heights in a Sky Suite. Be welcomed with a bottle of sparkling wine and enjoy the luxury of a personal butler throughout your stay. Plus enjoy a private restaurant and exclusive lounge reserved just for suite guests.
Sleeps up to 3

How long after you made your bid did you find out it was accepted?  We made a move up bid yesterday for a Thanksgiving cruise.  Not too hopeful since it was for a family veranda and there are only 12 of them on the ship, but wondering how long we'll have to wait.  Celebrity only committed to giving us notice 48 hours prior to sailing.  Just wanted an idea of when other people found out.

TIA

As you said, Celebrity may respond as late as 48 hours prior to the sailing.  However, our bid was accepted 13 days before the sailing.  We put in that bid 31 days prior to the sailing so it took 18 days for Celebrity to respond.  However, we still have a bid pending for another cruise which is in only 7 days and that we put in 24 days ago.  The two cruises are B2B and I do not think that the one which is still pending will be accepted.  My limited experience is that the faster the cruise line responds to a move-up bid, the more likely it is that the response will be acceptance.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, actuarian said:

Upgrade to Sky Suite
Sleeps up to 3

Hello actuarian, I hope you had a great cruise! Would you mind reporting back on the impact, if any of your move up sky suite? What perks did you have included in your cruise before winning the move up bid? Were any of your original perks impacted by the move up? Did you receive all suite perks or just some of them? We just received a move up bid opportunity for an upcoming cruise and we're trying to decide what to do. 

2 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Hello actuarian, I hope you had a great cruise! Would you mind reporting back on the impact, if any of your move up sky suite? What perks did you have included in your cruise before winning the move up bid? Were any of your original perks impacted by the move up? Did you receive all suite perks or just some of them? We just received a move up bid opportunity for an upcoming cruise and we're trying to decide what to do. 

We received the perks that came with our original Aqua Class reservation (classic beverage package which we had already upgraded to premium via Cruise Planner and a $300 on-board credit) as well as the perks that apply to everyone who is in a sky suite (Luminae, Michael's Club, butler service, Bulgari amenities).  We were (as expected) charged for the higher suite gratuities and we also received a bill for an extra $40 from our TA because the cost of our trip insurance went up due to the upgrade.  We received 5 Captain's Club points per night, the Aqua Class rate.  It was all well worth it and we had a great cruise.  We loved Michael's club with the daily afternoon tea and evening happy hour.  If we had known our upgrade bid would be accepted, we would not have bothered to upgrade our beverage package since you can order any drinks you desire at Michael's, regardless of whether you have the classic package or the premium package (or even no package at all).  The food and the service at Luminae were definitely better than in either Blu or the MDR, especially on the Evening Chic night when lobster was on the menu.  They had lobster at all three restaurants that night but it was not the same kind of lobster.  The room (6131) itself was only slightly larger than the Aqua Class room we had on our previous Infinity cruise but it had nicer furniture, more closet space, a marble bath with a tub, and a huge veranda with a table and 4 chairs, 2 of which had leg rests.  It also had a DVD player, which we did not even try to use.

The only negative is that we nearly got used to the "suite life".  For our next cruise, we will be back in Aqua Class (barring the unlikely chance that the same thing will happen again) and it will be a bit of a let down.

Edited by actuarian

1 hour ago, actuarian said:

We received the perks that came with our original Aqua Class reservation (classic beverage package which we had already upgraded to premium via Cruise Planner and a $300 on-board credit) as well as the perks that apply to everyone who is in a sky suite (Luminae, Michael's Club, butler service, Bulgari amenities).  We were (as expected) charged for the higher suite gratuities and we also received a bill for an extra $40 from our TA because the cost of our trip insurance went up due to the upgrade.  We received 5 Captain's Club points per night, the Aqua Class rate.  It was all well worth it and we had a great cruise.  We loved Michael's club with the daily afternoon tea and evening happy hour.  If we had known our upgrade bid would be accepted, we would not have bothered to upgrade our beverage package since you can order any drinks you desire at Michael's, regardless of whether you have the classic package or the premium package (or even no package at all).  The food and the service at Luminae were definitely better than in either Blu or the MDR, especially on the Evening Chic night when lobster was on the menu.  They had lobster at all three restaurants that night but it was not the same kind of lobster.  The room (6131) itself was only slightly larger than the Aqua Class room we had on our previous Infinity cruise but it had nicer furniture, more closet space, a marble bath with a tub, and a huge veranda with a table and 4 chairs, 2 of which had leg rests.  It also had a DVD player, which we did not even try to use.

The only negative is that we nearly got used to the "suite life".  For our next cruise, we will be back in Aqua Class (barring the unlikely chance that the same thing will happen again) and it will be a bit of a let down.

We got an upgrade offer for Reflection for 14 night cruise.  We are currently in Aqua class.  I really don’t know what I’d be willing to bid to have chance to upgrade. Do you mind sharing what your bid was?  Thanks

11 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We got an upgrade offer for Reflection for 14 night cruise.  We are currently in Aqua class.  I really don’t know what I’d be willing to bid to have chance to upgrade. Do you mind sharing what your bid was?  Thanks

$160 per person.  It was the minimum bid the cruise line would accept for the 4-night cruise (the second half of a B2B in Aqua Class) and it showed as "weak" on the web site so we were not expecting it to succeed.  However, it was accepted and we got the Sky Suite (S1) upgrade for a total of $320 (2 x $160) plus the extra insurance and gratuities.  It was a great deal.  We have bid on move-ups for two other Celebrity cruises and those bids failed, even though they were for larger amounts.

7 minutes ago, Jmfchicg said:

Just wonder if I do the upgrade from Aqua to Suite will I loose Blu and the Persian Garden perk?  Anyone have experience with that?  I know you can eat in Blu if available but not a guarantee. 

You should lose Persian Garden.  Your main dining will be in Luminae and Blu is on space available only.

2 hours ago, CEOofVacation said:

You should lose Persian Garden.  Your main dining will be in Luminae and Blu is on space available only.

When my wife and I upgraded the second half of our B2B from Aqua to Sky Suite, we were told that we could return to Blu (where we dined during the first half) at any time.  However, we preferred Luminae so we never went back to Blu.  We prefer Blu to the MDR but the service and the food at Luminae were still better.  Also, at Luminae, we were offered both the Luminae menu and the MDR menu and we often ordered appetizers and desert from the MDR menu while ordering entrees from the Luminae menu.  We were not offered the MDR menu at Blu and we never asked for it there, although some posters here have reported that it was available on request.