LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

Had dinner in Chops last night. Here is the regular main dining room menu for those following along. 

i-6J2wcRV-X3.jpg

And the Chops menu

i-7CqDKPn-X3.png

i-c9CpwBf-X3.png

Started with Onion Bread with Butter and a Pimiento Spread

i-3JFgnBw-XL.jpg

Crispy Goat Cheese Salad

i-nV6vSfZ-XL.jpg

9 ounce filet with peppercorn sauce on the side

i-GqBwq49-XL.jpg

Asparagus and Cheddar Mac&Cheese

i-qrGwcxp-XL.jpg

i-2dwB9Sf-XL.jpg

15 hours ago, aring75 said:

Chops Dessert Menu 

i-4gMMsrX-X3.jpg

Apple Pie a la Mode (This was exactly like what you get in the main dining room, just a fancier presentation.)

i-S89zmxH-XL.jpg

Red Velvet Cake

i-vDk64FD-XL.jpg

Also forgot to mention, I inquired about the Chops sorbet. They have a rotating flavor of the evening. This time it was raspberry, but they have also had mixed berry, pineapple, and lemon to name a few others. 

Our day in Halifax started on a 1960s era, two-decker, hop on hop off bus. We rode once around the entire loop (there are 13 stops - the people of Halifax are not superstitious folk). That takes approximately 90 minutes. Just a tip - if you can climb the stairs, the views up top are better AND you don’t smell the diesel fumes from the second floor. 

i-R2Nbjhf-XL.jpg

We did lots of sightseeing - the Public Garden, Spring Garden Rd, Fairview Lawn (Titanic) Cemetery, the Harborwalk, and lots more. 

i-xMWq86d-XL.jpg

i-BjGwjb8-XL.jpg

i-rMctm3D-XL.jpg

i-gDXg9TZ-XL.jpg

i-mQRWrDk-XL.jpg

• Like 1

Mission: Bar Menus continues with a trip to Boleros - a latin-themed Bar with live music every evening. 

i-vwWGM5b-XL.jpg

i-Dzt87CD-X2.jpg

i-m7WFFFv-X3.jpg

i-X282PPd-X3.jpg

i-dxKJhTC-X3.jpg

i-qVczHgW-X3.jpg

i-hFzx4qZ-X3.jpg

i-NNMksvS-X3.jpg

And I have it on good authority they make a pretty strong mango mojito. That’s what I hear anyway. 

i-FX2Tjb5-XL.jpg

• Like 2

Ahhhhh my hometown......  nice to see you have a sunny day.  It can get pretty foggy there!  

I am going on my very first cruise on Freedom of the Seas in a little over a month out of San Juan!  So looking forward to it.  I am going with my sister who lives in Halifax....

Enjoy your time in Halifax......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brentex said:

Ahhhhh my hometown......  nice to see you have a sunny day.  It can get pretty foggy there!  

I am going on my very first cruise on Freedom of the Seas in a little over a month out of San Juan!  So looking forward to it.  I am going with my sister who lives in Halifax....

Enjoy your time in Halifax......

Yes Brentex, it was an absolutely stunning day in Halifax. Still a little cool, but sunny and not too windy. Loved it!

• Like 1

The review is great.  I do have a few questions....

1.  I would be interested in learning about the Escape Room

2.  Correct me, but didn't there used to be a base fee for Johnny Rocket and you order what you want?

Have fun.

1 hour ago, Nessa1dc said:

The review is great.  I do have a few questions....

1.  I would be interested in learning about the Escape Room

2.  Correct me, but didn't there used to be a base fee for Johnny Rocket and you order what you want?

Have fun.

Thank you!

1. Looking for the Escape Room today. When I went this morning either they weren’t operational yet, or it doesn’t exist. Hoping for the former. 

2. Doesn’t work that way on Anthem. You’ll have to order a la carte. At least that’s the way it is right now. Sorry about that! But I hope seeing the menu ahead of time can help you with your planning. 

Dinner last night was in the Main Dining Room

i-XxK8grH-X3.jpg

Not sure why, but there was really nothing exciting to me on this menu. Maybe I just had a long day. 

Started with a Caesar Salad

i-PvmcvJ3-XL.jpg

Tried the Lasagne, but I really wish I hadn’t. Not good guys. Mushy and really salty. 

i-Hh38PMV-XL.jpg

And then I ordered the Tiramisu. This was not your traditional Tiramisu. Which is totally fine as long as it’s good. This was not. It was runny and strange. Kind of like a tiramisu pudding with little biscuit/cookie pieces in it. Odd. 

Looks really great in the first picture. Like it might be something interesting. 

i-GrddVNJ-XL.jpg

Nope. Nope. Not good. Not good at all. Just weird. Weird and goopy. 

i-5LbLzNx-XL.jpg

On a high note. The bread basket is delicious. And every other meal we’ve had has been great. So don’t think I’m blasting RCCLs food. I probably ordered wrong. Or maybe I wasn’t very hungry, but this was definitely an “off” night. 

Mission:Bar Menus took me to Vintages late last night. 

i-qZ4wG7d-X3.jpg

i-QsF4MKb-X3.jpg

I love Vintages on Anthem. It’s the wine bar and it’s similar to Vintages on other Royal ships, but here it’s wide open and feels inviting and so relaxed. There’s plenty of seating and they also have wine tastings during the week (for an additional charge).

So now I’m all caught up to today, our second sea day. 

Daily Planner - Day 7 - Day at Sea

i-jddQGdq-X3.jpg

i-DqZmHBk-X3.jpg

My current situation. The last time I sat out in the Solarium in long pants and a jacket, I was sailing through the Inside Passage. 

i-xvx4SnN-XL.jpg

Edited by aring75

49 minutes ago, aring75 said:

On a high note. The bread basket is delicious. And every other meal we’ve had has been great. So don’t think I’m blasting RCCLs food. I probably ordered wrong. Or maybe I wasn’t very hungry, but this was definitely an “off” night. 

On the bread basket topic, did they have savory bites available? Sometimes we've had to ask for them, and then they magically appear every night :)

2 hours ago, powelweb said:

On the bread basket topic, did they have savory bites available? Sometimes we've had to ask for them, and then they magically appear every night 🙂

No savory bites in the basket. I haven’t asked for them as we could take them or leave them. I know, I know! I should just march myself right over to Carnival right now. 

::Hanging my head in shame::

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

How’s the “leaf peepin’“?  Don’t recall seeing anything about that yet!

So I was told in Bar Harbor that we were about two weeks late for the peak season. The leaves were still prettier than what we see in Florida (basically they turn brown and fall off or they just stay green because they are attached to palm or pine trees). However, you could tell they weren’t their best. 

Here’s a few pictures just to give you an idea. 

i-JvfvMjg-XL.jpg

i-t67kBg7-L.jpg

i-VdVfwV8-L.jpg

• Like 2

Had lunch at the Brass & Bock Pub. Mission:Bar Menus proceeding as planned. 

i-kcpX6hR-XL.jpg

i-xTqchfV-X3.jpg

i-nKBBX8n-X3.jpg

i-6pGcFPv-X3.jpg

We decided to try the pretzel sticks and mustard...

i-mbfkmrg-XL.jpg

And then we shared the burger (with a slice of cheddar cheese)...yep, this is my half. 

i-RDZ8rZX-XL.jpg

Mark played it safe with a Dogfish Head IPA today. And I got a Stella. I’m not an IPA gal and I wasn’t feeling adventurous enough for the hefe this afternoon. Maybe another time. 

Saw We Will Rock You after lunch. I have to say, the production shows on this ship are impressive. The singers are crazy talented!!! And Joyce Kuo is one of the amazing solo guitarists for the We Will Rock You show. She also plays acoustic guitar in the Schooner Bar in the evening quite often during the cruise. 

She’s awesome. That is all. 

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Saw We Will Rock You after lunch. I have to say, the production shows on this ship are impressive. The singers are crazy talented!!! And Joyce Kuo is one of the amazing solo guitarists for the We Will Rock You show. She also plays acoustic guitar in the Schooner Bar in the evening quite often during the cruise. 

She’s awesome. That is all. 

Joyce Kuo is great!  I hope she is still on Anthem in January when we are on again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

Thank you so much for the bar menus.  We decided to get the ultimate drink package for the first time in 10 cruises.  The menus are extremely helpful.  I’m excited to enjoy some new cocktails.

You are very welcome!! But I hope you realize we are not done. 😁 Got the Menus from 270 tonight. Will post when the internet is being slightly more cooperative. 

On 10/20/2018 at 5:59 PM, aring75 said:

Afternoon snack at Cafe @ 270. Cookies are complementary, coffee is an extra charge or included in the drink package. 

i-JBmXSD4-L.jpg

Complementary Dessert Case

i-D7RjfR7-L.jpg

Coffee Menu - Every Item is included with the deluxe package 

i-9DBqhK8-L.jpg

Edited to add - they will make your coffee drinks with almond milk. I haven’t checked for other non-dairy alternatives, but they do a good job with the almond milk. Just FYI. 

The complimentary Dessert cart looks dangerous. I am unable to zoom in to see what is available lol